friend just told me something about wiring the second battery

ABSOLUTELY NO NEED FOR FUSES ANYWHERE IN YOUR CAR AUDIO SYSTEM….. ADDS RESISTENCE, AND WASTE OF MONEY!

Been doing this for over 5 yrs and have never ever used fuses.... unless your shit is gonna ground out somwhere in your + lines then you should rethink where you run your power cables....

And SURELY no need for 4 damn fuses for one run of wire to the second batterys LMFAO!!!!

You know while your going fuse happy, fuse the + wires that run from your amp to your subs....

Wat.

Yeah, all well and good until you have a little fender-bender which makes your carefully run wire ground out and then your car catches fire.

You know the best part? When your car sets fire to their car (which happens to be, let's say, a Porsche 911 Turbo) and their car sets fire to a house, then the insurance company goes over your car and finds that you didn't put fuses in, YOU ARE LIABLE. Enjoy paying off $1000000 because you didn't wanna run a $4 fuse.

Your insurance company WILL NOT COVER YOU if you do not have sufficient fuses in your system.

Fucking stupid advice. Be an idiot if you want to but don't encourage other people to do it.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

ABSOLUTELY NO NEED FOR FUSES ANYWHERE IN YOUR CAR AUDIO SYSTEM….. ADDS RESISTENCE, AND WASTE OF MONEY!

Been doing this for over 5 yrs and have never ever used fuses.... unless your shit is gonna ground out somwhere in your + lines then you should rethink where you run your power cables....

And SURELY no need for 4 damn fuses for one run of wire to the second batterys LMFAO!!!!

You know while your going fuse happy, fuse the + wires that run from your amp to your subs....

ya, so all the pics ive seen of cars burnt down is because the owner was super SMART and didnt add fuses.... :good:

accidents happen to everyone. 50 bucks could save you from an accident that will cost you thousands. why the hell not do it?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I ALWAYS Fuse my (+) wires with in 12" of ANY Battery. If you cant afford 20.00$ for a fuse and holder your doing something wrong... I Why take risks? I have 2 vehicles with large installs and I know I would HATE watching them burn to the ground all because I was being a cheap dipshit.

ALWAYS use fuses... :noob:

lower tuning is just hard. I was surprised how loud 145 sounds at 35hz, and how quiet 145 sounds at 50hz.

-= 2005 Tahoe LT =-Head unit: Pioneer AVH-X5500BHSSource: iPad Mini in dash

Subs: 2 T1 12's

Sub Amp: T1500-1bdCPWire: Rockford Fosgate 1/0 awgSignal Cable: MonsterFronts:Stock Bose for now:)Rears: Stock Bose for now:)MIds/High amp: Stock Bose for now:)

2005 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172529-2005-tahoe-my-17th-vehicle/

2001 Monte Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160030-2001-monte-carlo-my-16th-car-lol/page-2#entry25309381997 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemead...oe-6-15-rf-15s/2001 Impala Build Log: http://www.stevemead...katzkin-inside/SMDSig3-26-12.jpg

Ever seen the guy on this forum who's avatar is a pic of a van on fire? :lol:

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

I have money for fuses... and if your car burns down that's what insurance is for.... if it did burn down ide get cashed out for more then I ever dreamed of putting into my system, full retail on my equipment...

yeah, insurances don't ever investigate or turn down claims.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

You missed them. They're all on the buss bars.

Whoops I mean distro bars on the left side of the suv.

Unless that's not what ur referring to.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Use fuses. If something shorts out in the amp, the wire will catch on fire and your car will be right behind it. I had a fuse blow because a ground came loose. The amp and wire were hot as shit, I couldn't touch them

My bass is louder than your mom...

DC Level 4 15" with Level XL soft parts

Planet Audio BB2400.1

Pioneer DEH-6000UB Head Unit

950 amp Kinetic Battery

Archived