Sonic Electronix

need help trying to stop some rattling

I had a 00 zr2 Blazer and the hatch would rattle constantly, i got rid of it before i could try a small trick i heard about, try wrapping the part the latch hooks onto in electrical tape that will help some supposedly, but i also heard you have to re-wrap it every so often cause it starts to eat at the tape.

EDIT: unless you do a wall (i think) you are gonna have hatch rattle.

Edited by cubs_fan0718

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

are there multiple rods running together? once I put the 8's in my doors, they rattled like crap, took the panels back off, wrapped them with gorilla tape, then zip tied them together. just tight enough to keep pressure on the links, while still allowing them to slide....hope it helps..........

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

are there multiple rods running together? once I put the 8's in my doors, they rattled like crap, took the panels back off, wrapped them with gorilla tape, then zip tied them together. just tight enough to keep pressure on the links, while still allowing them to slide....hope it helps..........

thanks man im going to have to try that to

dc.png

I had a 00 zr2 Blazer and the hatch would rattle constantly, i got rid of it before i could try a small trick i heard about, try wrapping the part the latch hooks onto in electrical tape that will help some supposedly, but i also heard you have to re-wrap it every so often cause it starts to eat at the tape.

hey thanks man the tape thing work pretty good but you do have to re-wrap it a lot cause it kills the tape but it does help a lot thanks

dc.png

good trick :good: used it on mine.

i also heard, but never tried....you can put washers in between where the latch piece bolts down to the tailgate, to bring in the glass a little tighter when you close it :drinks:

another small trick is putting foam/tape on the glass touches the weather stripping. its the tape with one side sticky and has a small layer of foam on the other side. (used for sealing house doors from the cold)

good trick :good: used it on mine.

i also heard, but never tried....you can put washers in between where the latch piece bolts down to the tailgate, to bring in the glass a little tighter when you close it :drinks:

another small trick is putting foam/tape on the glass touches the weather stripping. its the tape with one side sticky and has a small layer of foam on the other side. (used for sealing house doors from the cold)

yea i tryed the one with foam but didnt relly help ill have to try the one useing the washers thanks man

dc.png