How 2 play iPod music videos on HU?

I have a Pioneer avh 3100 2 din DVD headunit, does anyone know how to play iPod music videos on this HU? In other words, play the music videos on the iPod and have it show up (audio & video) on the HU.

I am using the USB cable that has the standard headphone jack connected to it also.

Just don't know if there is some kind of trick I can do or do I need to buy a SUPER expensive accessory?

Thanks

It could just need the parking brake override or you may need a special cable. I have the apple 30 pin to rca cable. It was like $50 from apple.

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

@ fr34kout - yeah, I got something like that just.....I got mine off eBay. Not sure if the one direct from pioneer is any different. Are you able to play iPod video on your HU. Did you pick up a cable from tanner?

Waiting on the cable to come in still, but hopefully it'll be here in the next week or two. I couldn't figure it out the first day I tried so hopefully that's the key. Where do you have the 3.5mm jack plugged into?

all it needs is that cable. should work just fine.

those cables from pioneer are shit though. the ebay knock offs are even worse. i found a 3.5mm to 3 rca cable (audio and video) then used an apple cable that has usb and the 3 rcas then connected the 2 together. its up to you if you want to spend the extra money of course. i had already had that apple cable.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

@ skittles - kinda lost on what you did lol.

Anyway, all these responses gave me a little glimmer of hope that I might see Rick Ross' big ass beard pop up on mu HU screen. I'm in my car at this very moment being let down once again.

It seems some info is getting passed on to the HU, everything except the audio and video haha. I'm able to scroll through my playlists and select the videos from the deck and the time bar on the bottom of the screen shows time elapsing BUT NO FUCKING VIDEO OR SOUND!

i give up

Oh yeah, I tried the 3.5 mm jack in the iPod as well as the HU

well i havent got it to work either some say my need that cable from pioneer not the ebay knock-off and disable that video bypass what i did was download videos off youtube or from any other sites and used an program called ConvertXtoDVD and burned to dvd

1996 Chevy Tahoe

AKA My SQ Hoe

Pioneer AVH-X2800BS

Precision Power PC.18DS

MB Quart NA540.6

Skar Audio RP-2000.1D

55-3210 -  8 Inch MCM AUDIO SELECT

Rockville RXM64

Tymphany BC25SC06-04

Kenwood KFC-1795PS

@ skittles - kinda lost on what you did lol.

Anyway, all these responses gave me a little glimmer of hope that I might see Rick Ross' big ass beard pop up on mu HU screen. I'm in my car at this very moment being let down once again.

It seems some info is getting passed on to the HU, everything except the audio and video haha. I'm able to scroll through my playlists and select the videos from the deck and the time bar on the bottom of the screen shows time elapsing BUT NO FUCKING VIDEO OR SOUND!

i give up

Oh yeah, I tried the 3.5 mm jack in the iPod as well as the HU

ah, your only using the USB input arnt you? the usb controls the ipod and the 3.5mm jack is for audio and video. if you look at a normal 3.5mm plug it has 3 sections, ground, + for left channel, + for right channel. the one you need for this hu has 4 sections, the extra is for video. your ipod's 3.5mm output is only for audio so it only has the connections for the 3 section plug. you need to get the pioneer cable for this to work.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.