Sonic Electronix

How do you get a job/start a career in car audio? Is there school you can go to for it?

Pretty sure this is my only passion in life. I can't think of anything else I would like to do for a career. It's obviously expensive to learn and without money you can't do it(I don't mean doing it for free). I'd expect college to be cheaper then going and buying tons of car audio equipment and a car to work with. So my question is how do you get a job or start a career with it?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

damn, didnt know it was that bad james

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

dont start it as a career ...its a great hobby but a shitty career.

Better then customer service which I'm doing right now. It's either car audio or just living job to job my entire life. I've been trying hard to find something else and this is all I have.

you could get hired by a company building woofers or something like that...

TEAM DC

Everything is a 150 on th earometer

Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

Apply at a local shop, Thats what I did. I have been there almost a year now and its not too bad, its like ANY job, Some days I hate it and some days I love it. The training and the perks are worth it though. Someday I would love to have my own garage and working for a shop is teaching me what to do, AND what NOT to do. :)

lower tuning is just hard. I was surprised how loud 145 sounds at 35hz, and how quiet 145 sounds at 50hz.

-= 2005 Tahoe LT =-Head unit: Pioneer AVH-X5500BHSSource: iPad Mini in dash

Subs: 2 T1 12's

Sub Amp: T1500-1bdCPWire: Rockford Fosgate 1/0 awgSignal Cable: MonsterFronts:Stock Bose for now:)Rears: Stock Bose for now:)MIds/High amp: Stock Bose for now:)

2005 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172529-2005-tahoe-my-17th-vehicle/

2001 Monte Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160030-2001-monte-carlo-my-16th-car-lol/page-2#entry25309381997 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemead...oe-6-15-rf-15s/2001 Impala Build Log: http://www.stevemead...katzkin-inside/SMDSig3-26-12.jpg

Basically to get into it you just keep experimenting with your system, and hook up systems for your friends, when you get good at it, you can start to make money. But do it as a side job, you can't really make it into a career unless you have alot of experience, I just do it to get the word out on less-heard-of brands around here and make some bucks on the side. I would love to turn it into a career, but it's just my hobby. It pays for my upgrades to my tools and equipment though.

What is it about car audio you like the most? try to pursue a degree that will help you better understand it. I love amps and subs, so I'm looking to get an electrical engineering degree because I have always loved electronics, and I can use that knowledge for car audio.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Basically to get into it you just keep experimenting with your system, and hook up systems for your friends, when you get good at it, you can start to make money. But do it as a side job, you can't really make it into a career unless you have alot of experience, I just do it to get the word out on less-heard-of brands around here and make some bucks on the side. I would love to turn it into a career, but it's just my hobby. It pays for my upgrades to my tools and equipment though.

What is it about car audio you like the most? try to pursue a degree that will help you better understand it. I love amps and subs, so I'm looking to get an electrical engineering degree because I have always loved electronics, and I can use that knowledge for car audio.

bro its as if you just described me....

electrical engineering major FTW!

ty

TY

Moet poppin', hoe hoppin', aint no stoppin' B.I.G. poppa, I'm a bad boy

Party and Bullshit - The Notorious B.I.G.

Honest estimate on this truck when it's all done........... 172.3...........

Ehh.. U are aware of what 172.3 is, right?

yep.....:)

Two Pyle 15"s Build log

Hmm what do I love most. I'd have to say just creating an entire system. Highs, mids, lows, all of it. Just creating one awesome sounding system. Then I also love just all out SPL. Once I get my hands on another car maybe I can use my old car to practice and learn car audio. Not like the thing has to move for me to do that. The reason I say another car is because I don't wanna mess with my only way of getting around. lol

Archived