Sonic Electronix

How do you get a job/start a career in car audio? Is there school you can go to for it?

every shop ive ever talked to has said that you need experience to work for them. id say the best way to go about it would be to build your own system to show your skills and have a rolling resume pretty much. that way they can see the build quality and that you arent just the next kid to walk in the shop asking to hook up stereos that really doesnt have a clue.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

every shop ive ever talked to has said that you need experience to work for them. id say the best way to go about it would be to build your own system to show your skills and have a rolling resume pretty much. that way they can see the build quality and that you arent just the next kid to walk in the shop asking to hook up stereos that really doesnt have a clue.

Ok. I'll just plan on starting to learn on my own this summer if I can. I'll just start small and move up gradually. Nothing wrong with starting out with Walmart stuff right? lol

honestly its more cost effective to just buy used and buy good stuff rather than walmart. the products you will get from there will be way overrated and most shops will just laugh at it even though to an extent they sell a more expensive version of the same crap.

honestly its more cost effective to just buy used and buy good stuff rather than walmart. the products you will get from there will be way overrated and most shops will just laugh at it even though to an extent they sell a more expensive version of the same crap.

I meant to learn. Not to show up to the shop with. I couldn't show up and be like here's my epic walmart system. I'd have to have some DC's or something.

bro its as if you just described me....

electrical engineering major FTW!

ty

electrical engineering ftmfw. college classes for it aren't too bad either after the first 2 years. the first 2 years are gay. i mean i have to take history and economics for electical engineering? even though i still have one more year of shitty classes to go then i start the fun stuff

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

Batteries: Kinetik HC 800

Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0

Enclosure: n/a : (

Headunit: Clarion VZ409

Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors

Subwoofers: n/a : (

Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g

Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol

dont start it as a career ...its a great hobby but a shitty career.

I've heard and seen tales online of guys making great livings with an advance MECP. I'm about to get serious and try to learn this shit while I can. I have a buddy, not sure which certs he has, but jumps between 3 different shops to work. He's the most skilled person I personally know. He works wherever, whenever he pleases, so I know he keeps a steady paycheck.

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX

The best way to get a job at a local shop is to hang around help out when you can learn and have a good attitude as far as the career side it's not just big systems all day deck fours is what you do most and remote starts. And as far as money it's not great you just have to love doing it cause the hours are long and money can be tight. Goodluck man.

bro its as if you just described me....

electrical engineering major FTW!

ty

Damn I am glad I stayed in school.

Mechanical engineering here (3rd year). More practical than the electrical engineer :D Both are FTW though. And we can apply all our knowledge to car audio :D

2018 Golf R - Stealth SQ system build - C508GTI front (active), 2x Pioneer Z10LS4, Zapco DSPZ8, Clarion DPX11551 (Mono amp), Pioneer GM-D8604 (front stage amp), Pioneer GM-A3702 (rear fill amp)

SOLD! 2011 Subaru STI - 'modest' passive sq system - JBL p660c component (front) JBL P662 (rear) JBL W10GTI (sealed enclosure) 4ch JBL GO1004 (150RMSx4), Clarion DPX11551 mono amp (+-1200RMS@3ohms)

From what I've heard you basically have to be able to install alarms and remote starts. Maybe start there?

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

Archived