Second Skin Audio

What design works best for a stationwagon

I thought about starting a poll, but I'll leave it open for all ideas. I have an old Camry stationwagon and I am trying to get the best score I can at the headrest. I currently use about 3.2 cubes, with rear firing subs and rear firing 15x3.5 slot (pretty sure I'm at 52 sq in port size, even if the dimensions are slightly different). I recently changed my tuning from 35hz up to 40, in hopes of getting closer to my car's favorite freq (think I came close to finding it with a sealed box w/other subs @ 46-47), but I haven't explored the new tuning on a meter enough to know how much/if it helped for sure. I think it helped some, but not enough. Btw, my gear is in my sig.

I've been told that a different box may be the one thing that will squeeze another db or two out of the old wagon. I'd love to hear some of you experienced folks' opinions on what type of box may be ideal in my ride. I guess it's kind of similiar to a small suv, if you have never tweaked a lil' wagon. I have a couple big shows coming up and I don't want to get spanked by too much, so any input would be cool to consider! Btw, the box is louder if I push it forward as much as I can, if this helps. No, I haven't tried flipping my box forward firing, yet. Let me know if I need to elaborate on something else. Thanks, Wilson.

edit: total burp box is fine with me. I'll take it back out after I use it for it's purpose.

Edited by Wilson

Stetsom 11K2d

6-12" DC XL's

8 batts

Ohio Generator alt

2 punch 400's, 8 goldwood 6.5's, 4 selenium st200's

2010 MECA AS1 champ 146.7

Team DC I'm on the wagon, driving a wagon!

'90 Camry Wagon

155+ on music

member of MECA, FCBC, and IASCA

Give me max dimensions HxWxD and I will try to design you something maybe? In any effect it should either be woofers firing up and port firing back (if its a hatchback station wagon like you say) or do similar to some CRX builds and build a box with 2-4 flare ports off the side of it, both have been the best I've seen for SUV/small hatchback.

Just give me maximum dimensions and requested freq, also I'd recommend anywhere between 38-42 for high scores.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

Sammitch0, thanks for the info/offer, but I don't really need you to go to the trouble of designing anything for me. I think my max dimensions are about 37w x 16h x 24d, but I can do all that stuff. I just need to know what I'm going for.

Here's the thing: with those max dimensions, I could add another cube or so to my box. Would that be a good thing?

Should I change my port size for a burp box?

I angled my current box so the slot was pointing into the rear corner. This dropped me about 1.5-2 db's so I was kind of leaning towards rearfiring.

How does top firing subs with a rear firing 8' "aeroport" sound? I'd really appreciate any cooments, whether you say I'm on track or an idiot! Later, W.

Stetsom 11K2d

6-12" DC XL's

8 batts

Ohio Generator alt

2 punch 400's, 8 goldwood 6.5's, 4 selenium st200's

2010 MECA AS1 champ 146.7

Team DC I'm on the wagon, driving a wagon!

'90 Camry Wagon

155+ on music

member of MECA, FCBC, and IASCA