Second Skin Audio

Sub Enclosure for Hair Tricks

holdenater

I've tried doing some research on designing enclosures that are made for hair tricks. So far I have found that you want a vented box tuned very low. I have a Cascade Design Omega 18" powered by a Sundown 3500D. I just got this equipment and haven't stared the box yet. The woofer recommends a 6.5 cube box but I read that if you want to do hair tricks you need a larger box. So how many cubes do I need? Also i read that a fourth order enclosure is also better for hair tricks. I will be making the box myself but from the looks of it a fourth order is very complex. Whats the best frequency to tune to for doing hair tricks? What can you tell me thats the best for my setup for doing hair tricks in a chevy malibu hatch back.

Chevy Malibu Maxx

3.5L V6 - 275+ HP

Custom Paint Scheme

Custom Interior

5% VLT Tint

Konig 18" Wheels

Kumho Ecsta LX Platinum Tire

Borla Performance Turbo Dual Cat Back Exhaust

Pioneer AVIC-110BT

4x 6.5 MTX TDX6502 - 60RMS

MTX 704x 4CH Door AMP - 70RMS ea. CH

Monster XLN 304 & XLN 402 Interconnects

Single Cascade Design Omega 18 - 3500RMS

Sundown SAZ-3500D - 3500RMS

3d7304fe.jpg

98% sure your going to need more cone area..

what kind of vehicle does the op have?..i could do pretty nice hair tricks out of my old impala with 2 12'' aq hdc3s runnin off of saz3500 its all about the box and imo aero ports are the way to go but allot of people here dont listen

Youtube.com/J Hutch22

I did a hair-trick with a pre-fab with my 2 12" L7's with 2600RMS with mad voltage drop. Did it with Ludacris - How Low.

Have a vid on my phone. Don't know how to upload though. So the 98% thing about cone area ain't that true. :)

Edit: In a trunk car with woofers facing towards the rear.

Derp.

I did a hair-trick with a pre-fab with my 2 12" L7's with 2600RMS with mad voltage drop. Did it with Ludacris - How Low.

Have a vid on my phone. Don't know how to upload though. So the 98% thing about cone area ain't that true. :)

Edit: In a trunk car with woofers facing towards the rear.

doubt that with that box design

Youtube.com/J Hutch22

so is it possible to do a shirt trick w/ a prefab and 1000 watts

depends on what the tuning on the box is. I know off 4k my 15 did some nasty shirt tricks at 29 hertz. Now with 2 12" hdc3's off 2 aq3500's im hoping to get even nastier.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

tune low, <30hz

seal off from trunk and fire into cabin, you need air movement, not pressure

if you're doing a 4th order, just tune it real low, like 26/56 or something along those lines. You just want the ability to play <30hz at near 150db. thats going to be hard with the cone and power you have. I've sat in cars that can meter in the 150-160 range and would never pull a hairtrick, there's a huge difference between being spl loud and being musically loud. If it doesnt work go bigger, its not an exact science so we can't tell you exactly what to do, all we can say is that decent hairtricks have been pulled off with a similar amount of cone area in similarly sized cars so go for it and post results and a build so everyone else can learn.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Archived