Newbie question of the week......

Now that Ii have your attention, I'll ask my stupid question........

Can I run two decks through, the same system?...... I am getting ready to start my "burp" truck, and would like to have a working deck inside as well as the pedestal ....... I don't really have a huge desire to turn my brain into goo trying to hit an impossible 200 dbs....... :)......... ( Hey, we all have a dream....)

I also know that I want a deck inside, that I can torture my friends with too.....:) so If I can , I wanna run two different decks........

Or do I just need to make one deck "hot swappable" and go that route.....

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, no rules against in, then?????????? MECA, USACi, IASCA or otherwise?

I'm not real sure about the competition circuit anymore........ My last honest to god comp was IASCA, cause there was nobody else at that time....... ( Yeah I know I'm an old fart)..... There wasn't really a need to be outside at that point....... The biggest loudest thing I ever saw was like 6,800 watts in an Astro and he got DQed for being too loud...

I have kinda followed the trends in the fact that I keep getting bigger, and louder, even more than most people, but competition, was just too out of my reach until now. I have a pretty good idea about what I'm building, have a few tons of things ordered allready, and my buddy is bringing me 36 sheets of 1" mdf to start with in a few days, but wanna make sure I stay within al the rules, since I'm not for sure what sanctioned bodies, I will be competing with....

I'm still learning all the rules, seeing as there are so many bodies, and formats in which to compete now.......

Honest estimate on this truck when it's all done........... 172.3...........

Actual .................................... we'll see if I'm as good as I hope I am...........

Giving some idea though...... My wifes car broke 140 with a pair of type r's before I caught them on fire......... ( Slightly more than they were willing to take for an hour of abuse......) thanks Cadence..............lol

Now we did just re TL it the other night, with a new box, and two new amps, and it's way less than I had hoped for, but all new gear in a brand new design, i'm not too bad at 130.1......

It's hard to get spl out of a trunk.....lol

good luck with that.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i think this is sig worthy haha

TY

Moet poppin', hoe hoppin', aint no stoppin' B.I.G. poppa, I'm a bad boy

Party and Bullshit - The Notorious B.I.G.

Honest estimate on this truck when it's all done........... 172.3...........

Ehh.. U are aware of what 172.3 is, right?

yep.....:)

Two Pyle 15"s Build log

I never said it would get there.......... It's a guesstamate based on power, surface area, and airspace available....... reality will ad its own twist to things i'm sure....... The budget is set, the sprinter is being picked up in 10 days, materials are beings ordered, some has been, and it will be under construction for the next 8 months or so..before anyone ever lays eyes on it, that will be the day it sees the TL the first time......

I could have said it's gonnna break 185, but even with my budget being what it is, i couldnt break 180....... I'm just not that good......do i think i'm good at this, yes....good enough to break records, maybe, world record............ NO........

170's have been getting more frequent, but not in daily drivers.......this will be no exception...... just retarded loud, and slightly musical for a second....... until it ends up just being a burp machine.....

This thing has no chance of being 170's on music, thats a distant goal..... i hope I can achieve..............One day.......

However, all I can do now, is wait till things arrive, and post things as they progress........ I will do a partial build log, until I decide, the public has seen enough, then it gets shut down, till its ready for everyones ears, i mean eyes................

Gl wity your system. What do u plan on running? 36 sheets of mdf is a fuck load

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

You want to break 170, and you say you have the know how. But yet you ask if you can run 2 sources or headunits....

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Polk Audio Font & Rear Stage

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

12" Rockford Fosgate Power HX2

T-Line tuned to 45hz

18"BTL T-line @31Hz (9 weeks pregnant)

You want to break 170, and you say you have the know how. But yet you ask if you can run 2 sources or headunits....

I thought he was asking if there were any rules against it, but maybe I read it wrong.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived