SMD 8 Foot Towering Towers Complete Build! Pics video's inside!

is it just me or are those precision ports? lol if they are thats sweet they make a good product. nice and simple. looks insane meade, just one more reason why i need to come out there and visit. stupid big as country in the way though. ;) one day...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve I got a couple things to say to those...

1. those are completely sick and i would like to one day have a chance to hear them first hand.

2. I want to say that i truly appreciate you sharing the build process as well as your knowledge in these areas. Not many shops around my county are willing to share information ( or give you completely false info on purpose) cause they're afraid others will surpass them. So again Thanks for the opportunity to learn and share with these forums here. :drinks:

Those of you who are risking your relationships need to grow up. Bass can't make you sandwhiches.

You clearly haven't tossed lunch meat, cheese, and bread in your port yet. Makes a hell of a bologna sandwich salad. Jiggles the balls pretty good too.

If i ain't learning, I ain't living.

Steve blocked me on YT... I think i irritated him a few years ago.... LOL sorry man

I don't have any serious builds goin on... currently i have an Interfire IF-2400b pushing 2 Alphasonic PSW610J's...

I'm broke and i don't want my son deaf before he's 2 haha

• 3 months later...

Never cease to amaze! And they are definitely amazing! I can't even begin to imagine what these sound like in person. Great job Steve!!

I do have a question though... How did you know what the box volume and port specs should be? I've been inspired to make some book shelf speakers and I can't for the life of me figure out if they should be sealed or ported or what they should be ported to.

It's these guys:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_36667_FLI-Audio-FI8COMP-F3.html

Thanks for being awesome!

• 5 years later...

Steve, I watched all your vids on this build and looked through this entire thread,  What did you tune the chambers of the upper towers to? 

3bc3a7ec-d90c-40a7-928f-eef8c019b42b_zpswww.facebook.com/EKCASA

System:

All Rockford Fosgate

Front: 2 Pair Prime 6.5's and 1 pair Prime 5.25 Components

Rear: 1 Pair Prime 6.5 3 Ways

Subs: 4 Prime R2D2-12's

Amps:

Front: Prime R250X4

Subs: 2 Prime 500X1d's

HU: JVC KD-AR959BS

2 Optima Yellow Tops

Singer 230A H/O Alt.