Sonic Electronix

what are best materials for box without breaking the bank

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silicones what, 3 bucks? Why not just do it anyway. Why don't we just start saying "dont fiberglass that wall for 4 18's. Braces, glue and screws will hold it just fine". Sure it will, but why not just take the extra step and make it that much better.

you can not make a reasonable comparison between sealing a box with silicone and putting fiberglass resin in an enclosure to lower impedance rise.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

lol meant to say

liquid nail is killing two birds with one stone

liquid nail is the same as silicone and glue

how can it be the same as silicone and glue, when silicone and glue are not the same? also, you seem to have absolutely no understanding of how glue actually works.

Owner of BigAss Ports

how can it be the same as silicone and glue, when silicone and glue are not the same? also, you seem to have absolutely no understanding of how glue actually works.

LOL

you obviously never used liquid nail in your life

wood glue is the best thing for gluing wood. ill explain how the bonding process works, relative to mdf.

first, here is the thing i have never seen anyone do correctly. mdf has a layer of sealer on it. for best result, you have sand through the layer of sealer to get to the actual wood, to get the best bond possible. wood glue is thinner than liquid nail. i mix my glue with a lil bit of water to make it even thinner, because if the glue is thin it will soak into the material for a very strong bond. with liquid nail, it is so thick that it doesnt soak into the wood, and all you get is a surface bond, with is the structural equivalent to having a battery with a dead cell. sure it shows voltage, but put some load on it and you aint got shit.

Owner of BigAss Ports

wood glue is the best thing for gluing wood. ill explain how the bonding process works, relative to mdf.

first, here is the thing i have never seen anyone do correctly. mdf has a layer of sealer on it. for best result, you have sand through the layer of sealer to get to the actual wood, to get the best bond possible. wood glue is thinner than liquid nail. i mix my glue with a lil bit of water to make it even thinner, because if the glue is thin it will soak into the material for a very strong bond. with liquid nail, it is so thick that it doesnt soak into the wood, and all you get is a surface bond, with is the structural equivalent to having a battery with a dead cell. sure it shows voltage, but put some load on it and you aint got shit.

damn i got shut down. haha

lol meant to say

liquid nail is killing two birds with one stone

liquid nail is the same as silicone and glue

oh, so your proving my point?

liquid nail held a house together?

lol

damn i got shut down. haha

Ugh. So sick of people who don't know shit telling others how to do stuff. I lurked on this site for like 5 months before I ever signed up just learning about shit. THEN I made an account feeling comfortable enough to help the people who dodn't know anything (stuff like ohms law, ported boxes, etc.) IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER FOR SURE DON"T SPOUT IT AS THE TRUTH!!! :angry:

/rant

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt