Mechman Alternators

Stock vs 270 Mechman Comparison Pic

Oh please, give me a break. No one needs that here. You have nothing knowledgeable to EVER add. Its his new alt, and if he doesn't need it to have some cool color or cool pulley no one is ever going to see, suits him well. You can stop being a brand-fan and degrade other products.

Wow, that was really well said. I was about to say the same thing, but you beat me to the the post.

oh goody... new friends :good: glad your helpful reply was added, im sure you feel better. I have to ask this: did you add anything to this thread that had any relevance....NOPE.. I just pointed out to the OP that the alt looks "Weird" with that ear issue. If I paid (lets say) 500$ for an alt, it better not come to me looking like that. Take your cocky comments and keep them to yourself. Oh...YA, forgot to mention that you'll be surprised how much I know about alts and welding back ears on alts.... did that for a large OEM rebuilding company for years..... Awwww, sorry if that upsets you

Edited by newls1

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually it doesn't, I'd rather be doing what I'm rather than building large case alternators. :good:

HOWEVER, even a few of your friendly mods and admins on this site realize all you do is go around and pretend to have dominance, and putting others down in several threads when you yourself have no system to brag about. Keep going, you'll have a nice system one day, hopefully that peel and seal holds up.

And don't bother replying, as I have nothing else to say to you, and like the OP did say, his alternator works perfectly and that's all that matters. Hope you like the Mechman alt, it'll last you a long time :drinks:

:)

Actually it doesn't, I'd rather be doing what I'm rather than building large case alternators. :good:

HOWEVER, even a few of your friendly mods and admins on this site realize all you do is go around and pretend to have dominance, and putting others down in several threads when you yourself have no system to brag about. Keep going, you'll have a nice system one day, hopefully that peel and seal holds up.

And don't bother replying, as I have nothing else to say to you, and like the OP did say, his alternator works perfectly and that's all that matters. Hope you like the Mechman alt, it'll last you a long time :drinks:

PM me the mods/admins that have issues with me....... come on, dont put your feet in your own mouth. and my peel and seal is GREAT!! thanks for asking though, very nice of you

Edited by newls1

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

oh goody... new friends :good: glad your helpful reply was added, im sure you feel better. I have to ask this: did you add anything to this thread that had any relevance....NOPE.. I just pointed out to the OP that the alt looks "Weird" with that ear issue. If I paid (lets say) 500$ for an alt, it better not come to me looking like that. Take your cocky comments and keep them to yourself. Oh...YA, forgot to mention that you'll be surprised how much I know about alts and welding back ears on alts.... did that for a large OEM rebuilding company for years..... Awwww, sorry if that upsets you

Wow. I didn't know that what YOU had to say has any relevance, and I wasn't aware that you were such a PRO alternator builder. You make posts like the one above in a thread that does not concern you in any way, yet you call the other guy cocky???

Of course it looks like a stock alternator, every alternator on the planet uses some type of stock components to some degree, even the company from who's nuts you swing. DC power 270 amp XP units are GREAT units, and guess what? They are nothing but a COMPLETELY STOCK 220 amp Denso industrial alternator with a custom from housing. I don't see you commenting on that though...

What MAJOR rebuilding company did you work for that welded up broken alternator housings? Would'nt it be a lot cheaper to just buy another core drive end for like $2.00 ? Heck, I can buy brand new housings for $10 for most units. I would think that your hourly wage alone would be more expensive than just replacing the drive end, but then again, I don't know what they were paying you...

Anyway, to answer the question- that ears looks "funny" because it is a billet ear that is welded to the housing. That is a custom housing that we fabricate in house, that allows us to mount a much larger unit in place of the OEM Denso SC unit. We do this for several reasons, mainly because the OEM denso rectifier gets very hot, very quickly, and doesn't live very long at 300+ amps. This is why you see many small case denso based high output units from other companies with blown diodes. When we build square wire units, we actually send them out with a remote mount, fan cooled, EXTERNAL dual rectifier assymbly, that cures this overheating problem, but that unit is quite a bit more expensive than what the OP purchased.

Our unit has more surface area to disipate heat, bigger cooling fans, and a much larger solid copper rectifier with 65 amp diodes. While it obviously looks welded, the welds are clean, uniform, and free of porosity. Like the OP said, the unit also fits like a glove, and has 100,000 mile durability at 270 amps. Our units have been proven relaible in the harshest, hottest environments in the workd, even on armored vehicles in Afghanistan.

I guess if you like neon green powdercoating and "bling" machining grooves in the front of a completely stock, used alternator that has been delta connected and pulley-swapped, then by all means, go buy from the other guys.

If you want a 100% brand new, made in the USA, reliable, bolt in, large case conversion kit with tons of airflow and a BIG ASS rectifier on it, then go with the MechMan unit.

hahahah... I'm definately buying an alt from you when I'm ready.

CARS

14 Sierra crew cab daily, Small build coming one of these days

69 C-10 fleetside in many pieces, won't be done till the end of time

Last car '12 Focus with build log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165619-2012-focus-btl-15-crescendo-sundown-audio-control/

I guess if you like neon green powdercoating and "bling" machining grooves in the front of a completely stock, used alternator that has been delta connected and pulley-swapped, then by all means, go buy from the other guys.

agree 100%

lets be honest, how many people are looking under the hood at your alts? What good does it do you besides burn money?

the alt isnt the prettiest alt ever but it doesnt matter! as long as i get the thing in a timely matter, thing works, i dont give a fuck what it looks like as long as it doesnt fall apart on me

agree 100%

lets be honest, how many people are looking under the hood at your alts? What good does it do you besides burn money?

the alt isnt the prettiest alt ever but it doesnt matter! as long as i get the thing in a timely matter, thing works, i dont give a fuck what it looks like as long as it doesnt fall apart on me

Don't get me wrong- a nice fit and finish is always our goal, but to make a pretty, CNC'd billet drive end for each of our 1,500 unique large case conversion applications is unrealistic. It would DRAMATICALLY increase our build time, and build cost. Our manufacturing methods are reliable, fast, and effective. Perhaps all of the aesthetic modifications are why many other alternator companies averaged TWO MONTH+ build times, and $200+ more more per unit. For popular applications, we do use mass produced CNC housings.

Don't get me wrong- a nice fit and finish is always our goal, but to make a pretty, CNC'd billet drive end for each of our 1,500 unique large case conversion applications is unrealistic. It would DRAMATICALLY increase our build time, and build cost. Our manufacturing methods are reliable, fast, and effective. Perhaps all of the aesthetic modifications are why many other alternator companies averaged TWO MONTH+ build times, and $200+ more more per unit. For popular applications, we do use mass produced CNC housings.

hmmm

My 3 dc power alts with the billet frames all nicely cnc machined cases, engraved pullies and hair pin stators only took 2 weeks from order to shipped to my door, and thats with a clean anodized billet frame, and powder coated rear.

I dont think Iraggi has any issues giving their customers what they want either..

So I guess if you want a nice looking alternator to show off to your friends, or other competitors at a local stereo competition, Mechman is NOT the place to buy your alternators!

But yea, no one sees the alternators under the hood anyways! Good excuse to tell your customers why you dont need all the pretty stuff done to the alts...

But interesting philosophy you have!

:drinks:

Edited by Audiofanaticz

alts an alt...if its built correctly, as far as i know dc power and mechman (aswell as iraggi in some cases) are extreamly durable and reliable, lets not get in a damn pissing match people over a damn foot on an alt

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

My view on it is I would want an alt to perform first and foremost, everything else is just an extra touch, Sure a nice painted alt would be good if you had a show car....however IMO its pointless when the alt is painted and the rest of the engine bay looks like shit.....If you gonna go the extra mile to get the alt looking show quality do so for the entire engine bay.

Edited by CaptainzPlanetz

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.