Mechman Alternators

Stock vs 270 Mechman Comparison Pic

hmmm

My 3 dc power alts with the billet frames all nicely cnc machined cases, engraved pullies and hair pin stators only took 2 weeks from order to shipped to my door, and thats with a clean anodized billet frame, and powder coated rear.

I dont think Iraggi has any issues giving their customers what they want either..

So I guess if you want a nice looking alternator to show off to your friends, or other competitors at a local stereo competition, Mechman is NOT the place to buy your alternators!

But yea, no one sees the alternators under the hood anyways! Good excuse to tell your customers why you dont need all the pretty stuff done to the alts...

But interesting philosophy you have!

:drinks:

Your alts are beautiful no doubt and its great you only waited 2 weeks, but if you consider the way DC and Iraggi do business "giving their customers what they want" thats a pretty interesting way of looking at things.

TDH FTW !!!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, is it just me or does audiofanatic more about bringing down partners? Lol.

DC is great, but is the pretty exterior worth double the cost? I'm no engineer, but isn't it possible the more work into painting an alternator would decrease cooling of the alt which would lead to a decrease in max output and performance?

Me personally, I let the performance do the talking. I personally don't need a painted alternator to be happy or impress my friends. Triple alternator setup with triple mechman alts is sexy enough.

OP, big and beautiful difference between alternators. Congrats on the upgrade.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

All the companies mentioned are great.

Just sad how the companies' costumers are the ones making themselves and their company look bad. By trying to put down another and being biased.

Most of them havent even dealt with all the different alts to add a good opinion in one another, cant just say oh i tried this ONE alt so the rest suk. and got coo CoLorZ!

and you dont even have to put them down but add constructive criticism and good suggestions.

not saying it directly to anyone,just my opinion.

Lol, is it just me or does audiofanatic more about bringing down partners? Lol.

Think what you want, but when Mechman bashes DC Power every chance he gets I will respond.

By trying to put down another and being biased.

cant just say oh i tried this ONE alt so the rest suk. and got coo CoLorZ!

So what exactly are you getting at?

Ive ran ohio Generators, got robbed from Iraggi for $600, and had 3 mechmans fail on me, sure he was quick to fix them, and make good on them and even shipped a alt asap so Id have it to get my certified score... But when you spend countless dollars on an alternator you expect it to at least last a few months, not only a couple weeks.

When I buy a product, I want it to perform as it claimed to be. Not be broken down countless times on the side of a highway getting towed back home.

Warranties are nice and all, but when you buy a great product, there should never be any need to use that warranty!

So Im not being biased in any way shape or form.

All 4 dc power alts Ive purchased tho work flawless.

Think what you want, but when Mechman bashes DC Power every chance he gets I will respond.

So what exactly are you getting at?

Ive ran ohio Generators, got robbed from Iraggi for $600, and had 3 mechmans fail on me, sure he was quick to fix them, and make good on them and even shipped a alt asap so Id have it to get my certified score... But when you spend countless dollars on an alternator you expect it to at least last a few months, not only a couple weeks.

When I buy a product, I want it to perform as it claimed to be. Not be broken down countless times on the side of a highway getting towed back home.

Warranties are nice and all, but when you buy a great product, there should never be any need to use that warranty!

So Im not being biased in any way shape or form.

All 4 dc power alts Ive purchased tho work flawless.

been in the same boat as you. but i just went ahead and rebuilt my own mechman alt since a GM is a pretty simple rebuild. never had issues after that. its electronics anything can happen or fail. BUT i wont disagree my DC alt on my truck is by far the best ive ever owned from ohio gen, iraggi, mech, personal built. the XP design is bulletproof but of course it still uses stock oem parts as well but not your typical stock GM style parts.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

I have always liked both Mechman and DC power. For about half a year I wanted a DC power alternator, but I'm now leaning towards a Mechman because of how much faster the shipping is, how they handle customer service, and the amount of professionalism you can feel by just looking at their shop. By all means I would buy a DC alternator if I found a used one for sale, but I would buy the Mechman brand new. And if I want it painted, I'll just get out the damn airbrush. They both make great alternators, and I hate seeing it turn into a pissing match.

OP, great purchase, I can't wait to get one for myself :drinks:

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

I have always liked both Mechman and DC power. For about half a year I wanted a DC power alternator, but I'm now leaning towards a Mechman because of how much faster the shipping is, how they handle customer service, and the amount of professionalism you can feel by just looking at their shop. By all means I would buy a DC alternator if I found a used one for sale, but I would buy the Mechman brand new. And if I want it painted, I'll just get out the damn airbrush. They both make great alternators, and I hate seeing it turn into a pissing match.

OP, great purchase, I can't wait to get one for myself :drinks:

yah that 3 days to get my alternator after ordering it from DC was pretty slow coming from california to indiana. :pardon:

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

yah that 3 days to get my alternator after ordering it from DC was pretty slow coming from california to indiana. :pardon:

do you think that had anything to do with who you are and your build stature? he knew damn well he'd get huge publicity with you so maybe he only made them so quick and made sure they were good because they were for you. how come every other joe schmo on here got screwed with their alts from dc?

hmmm

My 3 dc power alts with the billet frames all nicely cnc machined cases, engraved pullies and hair pin stators only took 2 weeks from order to shipped to my door, and thats with a clean anodized billet frame, and powder coated rear.

I dont think Iraggi has any issues giving their customers what they want either..

So I guess if you want a nice looking alternator to show off to your friends, or other competitors at a local stereo competition, Mechman is NOT the place to buy your alternators!

But yea, no one sees the alternators under the hood anyways! Good excuse to tell your customers why you dont need all the pretty stuff done to the alts...

But interesting philosophy you have!

:drinks:

Hmm, well only two of those unit have billet drive ends and hairpins stators, but I guess that doesn't matter. Those XP units are also advertised (to normal customers, not sponsored folk) for $600 each. Our 270 amp GM units for that application are $399 SHIPPED, and they ship the same day we take the order. If you don't mind paying $200+ more per unit for a red, billet drive end and an engraved pulley then I say go for it. You also must have been one of the miracle stories too, because all I ever saw in the DC power section of this forum, was people waiting for months to get their alternators and brackets. I know this for a fact, because a lot of those customers canceled their orders with DC and called me to order.

Irragi doesn't have issues giving his customers what they want??? I don't even know how to respond to that. Have you ever read his section? It was nothing but one after another pissed off customer. Slow ship times, high prices, high failure rate, and terrible customer service. I guess all of his satisfied customers are the reason he's out of business now?

Before I'd be worried about what my alternators looked like, I would think you would be more concerned with that ugly unfinished box and spaghetti amp wiring job, but then again that's just my opinion.