Mechman Alternators

Stock vs 270 Mechman Comparison Pic

Before I'd be worried about what my alternators looked like, I would think you would be more concerned with that ugly unfinished box and spaghetti amp wiring job, but then again that's just my opinion.

This actually made me laugh out loud!! Thanks for the quote :D

Every defense you made seems valid.

Edited by hdorre
On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Hmm, well only two of those unit have billet drive ends and hairpins stators, but I guess that doesn't matter. Those XP units are also advertised (to normal customers, not sponsored folk) for $600 each. Our 270 amp GM units for that application are $399 SHIPPED, and they ship the same day we take the order. If you don't mind paying $200+ more per unit for a red, billet drive end and an engraved pulley then I say go for it. You also must have been one of the miracle stories too, because all I ever saw in the DC power section of this forum, was people waiting for months to get their alternators and brackets. I know this for a fact, because a lot of those customers canceled their orders with DC and called me to order.

Irragi doesn't have issues giving his customers what they want??? I don't even know how to respond to that. Have you ever read his section? It was nothing but one after another pissed off customer. Slow ship times, high prices, high failure rate, and terrible customer service. I guess all of his satisfied customers are the reason he's out of business now?

Before I'd be worried about what my alternators looked like, I would think you would be more concerned with that ugly unfinished box and spaghetti amp wiring job, but then again that's just my opinion.

I am not a sponsered competitor, the only Sponser I have is Sundown, and last time I checked they where unfortunately not buying my alternators. the non XP alternator is a 270 which I got from a friend until I have the extra cash to buy my 3rd non sponsored alternator.

You can dog your competition all you want I guess.

Sometimes parts take time to come in, orders get delayed, all the customers that waited a long time for their alternators usually got an added bonus such as the pullies, powder, or anodizing.

Or they had to find a vehicle to make the bracket to have a XP series alternator put on a foreign car, which is the only time it seemed like people had to wait.

I tried your alternators before going to DC Power.

Remember you got my Iraggi that was to be recased to fit my tahoe, but then you sold me a new unit. All your units failed on me asap, which went up in smoke not even a month later...

th_200908100107_005.jpg

If I remember you said it was due to the external regulator set at charging 15.5 volts constantly.. and thats why it went up in smoke.

So why would you build an alternator that wouldnt be able to stand up to the daily driven conditions I was going to use it for?

At least my external regulated Iraggi 300 amp alt that only did 221amps max lasted over a year, and that was another $585 setup... However over after a months worth of time, and him avoiding my posts, calls, and emails he finally MANED UP and admitted he sent me his Dominator series and not the Amputator series I paid for, and even offered me one hell of a deal on 3 alts and a bracket, which I turned down. Just wanted him to own up to his mistakes as a man should!

iraggi.jpg

Which you shipped me a unit asap so Id have it for a huge competition, PROPS! :drinks:

But then that alt started acting very funny too, and only charging here and there which resulted in me on the side of the highway swapping alts on a way to the 3x show. That 1wire hookup alternator lasted what, 3 days!! LOL

If I remember correctly the excuse this time was something with me having bad batteries. Even after load testing them they seem fine...

Then you sent me my 3rd alt which when I got I sent you the 2nd alt back.

Out of all Honesty, I think this alternator may have been a winner, but then It failed again due to poor assembly job. After talking with Robbie he told me what the problem sounded like and I opened it up and took pictures while doing so.. He said the problem sounded like poorly aligned brushes, which was incorrect after inspecting it and finding the tinsels that connect to the brush was pinched in side the brush housing not allowing the brushes to push out via the spring in the brush assembly once they wore down, and caused a bad contact. Also one of these tinsils where broke!!! Quality!

That can all be seen in this thread here -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/61456-alternator-pros-check-this-out/

Needless to say, I fixed the brushes and the alternator worked better then it ever has, but after talking with Robbie @ DC Power, and them giving out the technical assistance on another manufactures alt Id figure Id give them a try and got a white 270SP and traded in the Mechman Rhino Series alt which you can see here! -> https://www.dcpowerinc.com/dc-power-vs-competition

After using the white DC Power 270SP for a while I then learned that my batteries must of been fine, otherwise this alternator would of blown like the 3 mechmans. Which was clearly not the case...

IMAGE_042.jpg

So I sold it to another guy on SMD for his astro van and picked up the 2 270XP, a bracket, and got the red 270SP from a friend. Ran this setup all summer without a issue using these 2 same old d3100s.

And for everyone to laugh at.... The wire mess behind my seats...

I guess this is what happens when you have over 8 runs of power wire front to back and your amps have 2pos & 2negs each.

Since Im constantly trying new woofer boxes, changing amps in and out, its just easier not to cut everything to length, and have to buy all new wire over and over and over everytime things get changed.

But Im willing to pay that price for being able to do 153+db @ 34hz from the cargo area of a full size suv.

011-2.jpg

Edited by Audiofanaticz

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. We ship thousands of alternators, there is bound to be some bad luck somewhere. Like you stated, we bent over backwards to take care of you as a competitor, apparently it still didn't work out. We do what we can, but we can't make every single person happy, I learned that a long time ago. The quality of our units speaks for themselves, we have 1000+ ecstatic customers with positive feedback, for every 1 dissatisfied customer. Best of luck to you in competition.

• 3 weeks later...

011-2.jpg

its called zip ties bitch. there about $5 and and you can cut them if something needs to be moved. obviously those batteries aint movin, so get in there and do some work on what isnt changing during those oh so difficult amp swaps. i know it wont kill you to cut a couple zip ties when you take out an amp, or does your vagina hurt after lifting 20 pounds?

04' Chevy Blazer

-Kenwood KIV-BT900, Infinity Kappa 462.9cfp's, Rockford P1653's, Subs... Ridin Stock-

• 2 months later...

that is a horrible wiring job. i built a astro van with 5 yellowtops with 4 18s that hit 154 with a much better wiring job. your just too lazy to clean it up, as the last guy said use zip ties or even wire loom. zip ties are like 10 bucks for 100 zip ties.

2010 Subaru Impreza

Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD

2 10" Rockford Fosgate Punch HX2

Audison LRx 1.1K

superglue a dildo to the center of the cone....lube it.....then have that dumbass sit on it :good:

while playing a 10hz note

haha, this reminds me of a paintball sticker i have "my balls slap at 300fps"

now I want a sticker that says "i fuck at 10hz"

yea, and over zip tieing wires...

i will add though that i have a similar story to audiofanatic. I started out with iraggi, sent it in after a year or so of working without problems(didnt have a voltage guage though) to mechman to get it dynoed, turned out that alt suck balls, and was offer a discounted rhino alt in exchange for him keeping the iraggi, the mechman worked for a bit, then went up in smoke, got fixed, still worked, but always dropped voltage quick. In the beginning it didnt. So i sent that in to DC and he told me they were working on an alt for my car that would meet my needs, so i waited for it to be released and got the 270 XP alt. It mounted alot easier than the mechman and i havent had any problems out of it at all. the vehicle is a 95 accord.

I can say that mechman customer service was great. the first alt of his that arrived and my door was the wrong one and before i could even send that one back, he had already shipped and i received the correct alt. Not sure how long but it was just a couple days after i noticed it wasnt the right one.

I also had great CS from DC, but now i havent received any emails back or pms back that i sent in january. idk wtf is up with that.

lol

this one was a interesting one doe

damn i missed it :shrug:

TEAM FLEX ISSUES,TEAM DC AUDIO

2000 Silverado Ext 1500 v.3

(Walled Silverado)

4 DC Power 270a Alts on A DC Power Quad Alt Bracket

XS Power VCM,Stinger Volt Meters

4 AA Mayhem 18s

2 DC Audio 9.0ks Strapped

1 DC Audio 175.4

4 Selenium 6.5s & 4 Selenium 8s

4 Selenium Super Tweeter st350s

72 SQ Ft Of Stinger Roadkill Expert

Alpine CDA 9887

XS Power d3400(Hood),6 XS Power d3100s(Bed)

& much more.....

2011 Meca CA State Champion & State Record Holder In M5

Meca SPL:158.2

Meca P&P:137.4

DB Drag:159.1

USACI:161.2

BUILD LOG.....YOUTUBE CHANNEL.....FEEDBACK

10 bucks for 100 zip ties? where they do that at.. hit up Darvex its 1.99 for 100 plus 5% off for us..

but to say something relevant, I'm ordering a mechman JUST BECAUSE of how he handled that guy shit talking his product. it doesnt even matter that so many people have had such good stories :)