I have a huge family history of diabetes, adn I am about 75% positive to have it as i get older.....My sugar is normal around 79...so you tell me...everyone has there low end and ther high end...you cant say everyone has a garunteed low end.....

I dont think I see what you mean? whats your question?

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

i looked at the pump, i just dunno if i can do it lol. I am using the insulin pens now, until about a month ago i was still on regular needles and bottles, i started doing my own shots at age 5, scared of needles helped me do it on my own. i like the pens a lot thou, very convenient.

newls1- yeah im learning more and more that its becoming a very common thing among americans at least. I'm hoping at some point to get a transplant. But not holding my breathe. Medicine has come a long way thou, when i was 10 years old my doctor told me straight that i shouldnt plan life much past 21 years old, my body was not doing so well at the time and they still knew very little about treating it. now at 22 years old, im not in perfect health, but i do my best to keep my body strong. I was dead two diff times once for 2 min, and the other time for 6 min, had to go to rehab to learn to walk and write again. But im still around and dont seem to have any brain damage that anyone tells me about. Sorry to give y'all a life story there, just feels good to have this topic on the forum. really helped my day

Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

looking for wire sponsor :) 

www.flyracing.com

I have a huge family history of diabetes, adn I am about 75% positive to have it as i get older.....My sugar is normal around 79...so you tell me...everyone has there low end and ther high end...you cant say everyone has a garunteed low end.....

oh i can say everyone has a guaranteed low end, your brain with literally shut down around the 30 mark for most people, but if you drop to zero you WILL be dead in a matter of minutes..

Been there.

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

www.flyracing.com

Thank you all for your input and insight, it is very much appreciated!!! Last night just scared me cause I've never seen it that low before. And yes James what you said made perfect sense, it explains a lot!!

I guess I should expect some lower numbers with them increasing my thyroid meds from 50 mcg to 75mcg. Just the lack of warning signs is a bit scary.

And I guess that would explain my blow up at JeyRap lastnight..... oop's I shall go apologize now *hangs head*

you will get used to it more, learn what its going to do depending on your food intake, exercise, and diet. It can be a scary thing, hang in there :drink40:

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

www.flyracing.com

oh i can say everyone has a guaranteed low end, your brain with literally shut down around the 30 mark for most people, but if you drop to zero you WILL be dead in a matter of minutes..

Been there.

Mine is around that 30 mark, lowest my sugar has ever hit was like 26, I could barely move though. I was walking towards the kitchen because I was shaking pretty bad, ended up getting really light headed and fell down onto the sofa (our kitchen and living room are connected, not wall or door blocking one from the other). Luckily my mom was in there and injected my leg with one of those sugar pens, only time I've ever had to use one. As soon as she injected me with it she tested my sugar for me and it was like 26 IIRC.

They tried to get me to use the pens, but I was too interested in the pump since I was (still currently am) a teenager. It helps out SOO much for staying out all night long, pulling all nighters at my buddies shop working on cars, being able to eat whatever I want, whenever I want. I love it, so much.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

Thats low for sure, mine is just a little under that, i went and got a flu shot during my normal checkup and two days later i was very sick, blood sugar was very high, seemed no matter how much insulin i took it would drop below 350. So i went into the er, long story short spend almost a month in ICU, the virus stopped my kidneys a few times, sugars went from the 700s to 18. was pronounced deal twice for a few minutes at a time. scary stuff, this was 3 years ago. ive been doing well since.

Theres nothing worse than that low sugar feeling of being so helpless...

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

www.flyracing.com

I have been doing research and i came across this article from yahoo.... it's based for women 35 yrs & up. I'm alomst there, but they may help you guys in where your numbers should be when you have blood work up done. Write them down and ask your doc where you should fall in at.

B/P 120/ over 8 0

Cholesterol less than 200

HDL 50 or higher (good cholesterol)

LDL 100 or less (bad cholesterol)

Triglycerides 150 or less

Thyroid 4.0 or lower

Glucose 99 after 8 hours of rest.

A1C 5.7

And Kl0wn that is low

Edited by GRITS

• 3 weeks later...