Sonic Electronix

There is no way the subwoofer can be causeing that. Subwoofer uses all mechanical parts, if 1 fails, the rest of the speaker will fail, or the problem would be intermittent(tinsel leads), but something as a slow, or even fast drop in volumn would definitly be an amp issue, mosfets burning out slowly, getting to hot, half of the mosfets shut off, then cut back on when they have cooled off, have other subs you can swap out with? or an amp so you can be positive?

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

There is no way the subwoofer can be causeing that. Subwoofer uses all mechanical parts, if 1 fails, the rest of the speaker will fail, or the problem would be intermittent(tinsel leads), but something as a slow, or even fast drop in volumn would definitly be an amp issue, mosfets burning out slowly, getting to hot, half of the mosfets shut off, then cut back on when they have cooled off, have other subs you can swap out with? or an amp so you can be positive?

Guess were gonna have to switch it with an MMATS amp and see what's up...

I took out the subs and every thing, all the wiring is fine. Tinsels aren't broken...I even replaced the fuses on the amp since they brought some extra replacement ones and still nothing...I'm pretty sure it's an amp issue. I'm even thinking of regrounding the ground tomorrow directly to the chasis but IMO the ground is fine. It worked fine for a week.

What can cause the Mosfets to burn out?

id check ur buddies head unit maybe his headunit has a malfunction in it mine had it a while back and it sound pretty similar to ur problem. id try hooking you radio in you buddies car see if it works if not id look over the wiring again cuz it dosnt sound like a sub or amp problem.

iTS ALL ABOUT LOUD SOUNDS N HiGH CHEVYS