Mechman Alternators

do you guys make/can make an alt for a 85 grand am? not sure what motor, gunna go with a 2.5l?

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

bumppp, like to know since if i can do that itd save me money on buying another car

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

You do know that's it a holiday weekend, right? You'd be lucky if you got an answer on Monday because of the holiday. I understand that Mechman is on a forum; they're still a business though. Many businesses don't work on weekends or holidays.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

You do know that's it a holiday weekend, right? You'd be lucky if you got an answer on Monday because of the holiday. I understand that Mechman is on a forum; they're still a business though. Many businesses don't work on weekends or holidays.

figured someone else woulda chimed in

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

We sure do-

We have a very slick late model custom machined large case unit that bolts directly in place of your old 12si and offers WAY better cooling and low RPM output. We offer it in two trim levels, both have excellent output at idle, and are totally bomb-proof for daily abuse:

150 amp = $249 shipped

220 amp = $349 shipped

We sure do-

We have a very slick late model custom machined large case unit that bolts directly in place of your old 12si and offers WAY better cooling and low RPM output. We offer it in two trim levels, both have excellent output at idle, and are totally bomb-proof for daily abuse:

150 amp = $249 shipped

220 amp = $349 shipped

so itll bolt on stright into the stock location of a 1985 grand am?

how complicated would it be in order to do a 2 alt set up? would i have to move anything? how much would it be if i were to do 2 of the 220 amp alts + a dual alt bracket?

also, how much would it be for a 2002 jeep grand cherokee laredo alt (300a?) + the MLA mod? in order to bypass the 13.6 stock charging?( seperate )

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

so itll bolt on stright into the stock location of a 1985 grand am?

how complicated would it be in order to do a 2 alt set up? would i have to move anything? how much would it be if i were to do 2 of the 220 amp alts + a dual alt bracket?

also, how much would it be for a 2002 jeep grand cherokee laredo alt (300a?) + the MLA mod? in order to bypass the 13.6 stock charging?( seperate )

Yes, the unit is a direct bolt in to an 85 grand am.

Dual alternator setups are always complicated, especially if they are done correctly. I have no Idea how much it would cost or what it would take to make a one-off dual alternator bracket for that car. I do custom work like that on the weekends, most of my one-off dual brackets cost around $500.

We offer a 270 amp large case conversion kit for the 2002 Grand Cherokee. It does 165 amps at idle, and is on sale for $499 shipped. I do not carry MLA products, but I do have a similar adjustable module that plugs into our unit and will boost the voltage to whatever level you like. It is $75 additional.

Yes, the unit is a direct bolt in to an 85 grand am.

Dual alternator setups are always complicated, especially if they are done correctly. I have no Idea how much it would cost or what it would take to make a one-off dual alternator bracket for that car. I do custom work like that on the weekends, most of my one-off dual brackets cost around $500.

We offer a 270 amp large case conversion kit for the 2002 Grand Cherokee. It does 165 amps at idle, and is on sale for $499 shipped. I do not carry MLA products, but I do have a similar adjustable module that plugs into our unit and will boost the voltage to whatever level you like. It is $75 additional.

for the jeep, is it a direct bolt on? and my jeep charges at 13.6, ive heard id need some other type of nonsense in order to bypass this, would the adjustable module totaly by pass this and not fuck up my electrical?

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

anyways, i might have the cash by monday/tuesday, can you email me details as well as a total? or email me back rather on monday

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

ttt cashing my checks today hopefully so get back to me ASAP please thanks

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg