Sundown Audio

What amp do I need to push Quantum Audio SPL Subs?

faceass69

I'm currently rebuilding my set up and need to know what amp I could use to push at least 2 Quantum Audio SPL 12" Subs. I have all my components and head unit. Looking to go a different direction with my subs and amp. I switched all my components from Pioneer which I have always used, to all Kenwood. A friend of mine suggested I use Quantum Audio SPL. I was looking to go 4 12's but told me with these all I would need are 2 12's. Anybody know anything about these subs? And if so what I can use to push them.

1983 Olds Ninety Eight 2 Door Coupe

****CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION****

i would suggest one of these per sub. lol

MY TRUCK BUILD - 1976 F-100 Ranger. Fully built 482 big block, 4 DC lvl4 15's in a blowthrough, plenty of custom fabrication.

MY HATCH BUILD - 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback . Clean daily driver, dropped, subtle customization.

teamxa2-1.jpg

OP, we need to know a price range for what you can spend? Cheap but decent am, I would suggest audiopipe. There AP1500D is like 200$ rms @ 1ohm is 1500w. I have 2 of their AP30001d 3000RMS @ 2ohm bridged and can be had for ~350$ There are just 1000's of amps bud, you need to be more specific

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Never heard of these brand names. All my set ups usually consists of manuf. like Pioneer, Kicker, Rockford, Kenwood, Infinity, JBL etc. etc. I'm kinda weary on using subs and amps I've never heard of. The Quantum Subs were @ a decent price too and was told that they're pretty good. They're rated @ 1500rms & 3000 max @ 2ohms. Looking to get 4 so thinking I might need two anps. Don't mind spending 2-300 each, somewhere around there. I've seen Sundown amps online but never actually seen one in action. Any thoughts on this amp?

i have two of these 12's..

4 would be badass..

i wouldn't give more then 800 rms to them and thats pushing it.. i had put 1000 to each and smelled something funny, so i lowered it lol

get pyle on the inside of your butt cheeks...so every day you can take a pyle of shit

YEAH ROCKFORD HAS NEVER FAILED ME. I got 2 T-1000bd power elite series amps, a p400.2 and a p300.1. These were all used on my last set up. 4 Pioneer Premier 12's @ 1200 max, 4 Pioneer 6x9 @ 440 max and 4 Pioneer 1" tweets @ 120 max. I was very very satisfied with the performance but wanted more. Who doesn't.