Blazer options

Ok, so i have an '01 2 door blazer, and i will be running two undetermined 12's at the moment. My question is for just a flat out spl box, what would be some suggestions for sub and port placement? I've seen and heard of so many just wanted to see what everyone else has seen work the best. Thanks ahead of time.

I haven´t work on blazers, but, when i was looking to buy a SUV i found out a lot of things about blazer and explorer, i bought the explorer because of the price, but yes blazers are loud as hell on the meter!! If i remember correctly, best i found about them for two subs was subs up/port back for daily, but on the meter was subs up /port side and subs passenger side/port back , you can find a lot of this things on termpro, i strongly suggest you to do a research over there...

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

my 2-12's was at 148.9db termlab mic on dash sealed 44hz 2300watts clamped power but added more power done a 152+ this was done with subs up port back at the bottom of the box and with 5 or 6 inches from the rear gate.im sure with enough testing and bringing up the frequency to 52hz could have gained more but this was still able to play music.

sealed up on the termlab mic on dash 4-sa12"s 2-3500d's 153.4db now testing a american bass 1100.1 no numbers yet 300amp iraggi alt and kinetik batts.

i have a 2000 2 dr blazer and with 2 12's i would go with subs back port to the drivers side. if You were going with 18's or something and the subs would be closer to the roof, i would go subs up port to the side. subs back port back sounds real good to, i've built lots of boxes for mine, from 1-10,2-10's 2-12's, 4-12's, 1 -15 and 2-15's. just make sure u leave enough room in front of the port when going to the side.Now i'm doing a box for 1 18 and going to end up with 2 eventually if i don't get what i want out of 1. and i don't know about 4 dr blazers, but 2 dr ones def meter quite well.just make sure to deaden your roof, because it will be destroyed.

2000 2dr blazer

15" diamond audio d3

4 cubic ft. tuned @ 32hz (slot port, sub back, port back)

debating on a wall or no wall.

Shay-kee

• 5 weeks later...

Ya sub up port to drivers side. PM me for some SPL box pics, I have collected many that I find! Of blazers that is. When doing sub up port to drivrs side does anyone know id a slot port will do better up and down or side to side on the bottom of the box? And if using a aeroport to the drivers side if towards the front of the box or towards the back of the box is best?

2010-11 Project:

1 15" DC XL

1 AP3k

1 3.5 cube interchangeable port box

Finishing this all up over the winter and will be starting to compete in 2011!

651 - 612

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My blazer cries every time I turn on the 18. Sub up, port up tuned to high 40's. Yet to test.

04' Chevy Blazer

-Kenwood KIV-BT900, Infinity Kappa 462.9cfp's, Rockford P1653's, Subs... Ridin Stock-

Do four 12's in it! I want to see what someone does with 12's instead of 15's or 18's! The best I had with two 12's was a 151.7 on 12v's. I think it would be closer to a 153 or 154 on two 12's now. If anybody wants a loud single 18 box built specifically for a single 18... Let me know. I'm pretty sure it could be for sale to make more room in the garage. I had it up to a 153.2 before I did some more work to the Jimmy. It would play 152's on music.

TeamNemesis-3.gif

You could tell me how the fuck i can get louder on the explorer since it´s a similar SUV hahaha, i´m getting boring of my 151´s with 4 12´s :(

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Archived