Sup guys. I have a 1967 Chrysler New Yorker. It has a 440 in it now that I am wanting to rebuild. The current engine its self is a rebuilt engine, from I dont know where. I have a stack of parts already but there are plenty of things that I still need to acquire.

Heres what I have:

Edelbrock Performer RPM aluminum heads

Edelbrock Performer RPM intake

Edelbrock 750 electric choke carb

ARP bolt kit

All new gaskets

Chrome valve covers

Can anyone give me any tips on where I should go with this? This is a big car and is not by any means a hot rod...but she will get DOWN. Anyway, should I continue with the Edelbrock Performer RPM package? When I bought these parts I honestly just had money to burn and didnt put much thought into it. I will be working on this motor over the coming winter and want to get all my parts in before I start building.

Any help would be great here.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Is this an original engine? A true 67 440? If so, you really lucked up. After 1971 they (Mopar) detuned them, dropping the compression down to almost 8.5 to 1. That's good for a motor home, which a lot of 440's went into after that, but horrible for a moderate street beast. Really, All you need to make the motor scream is a compression ratio of 10.0-10.5:1 This can be achieved a easy number of ways without sacrificing drivibility or having to burn race gas. Just invest in some good forged pistons and a good cam. Top that off with a good carb, and you shall be surprised. For a carb, I'd say 800-850 cfm, vacuum secondaries for fuel mileage. As for a cam, some searcing shows that moderate duration at .50 lift, (238-244) is recommended. Also, closed chamber 915 heads can also bump compression up, but you already have heads.

I see you have a 750, you might want to possibly exchange that out, as these big beasts require a lot of air. What rpm do you plan to keep it under?

Also, becareful if you have to over bore it any more.. I don't know the maximum bore of a mopar, but I do know that on a Chevrolet 60 thousandths is pushing it for a stock motor. Just call a machine shop and ask around, before dropping too much money on that motor and finding out you have to get a new block.

Edited by Wastehog

1985 Chevy Silverado Black and Silver SBC 350/700r4

those PM kits are bad ass, but since you don't have a cam yet get a mopar performance purple cam ;)

and you may want to get some nice flat top pistons as those heads are pretty high compression...don't wanna burn your pistons, also headers are always a good source of power on the big blocks

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot I posted this here.

@ wastehog...it is a block from a 66'. I was young and fucked up when i just bought a rebuilt instead or just rebuilding the original. As far as what RPM... :pardon: taking suggestions

@DHFHades why do you recommend the Mopar cam instead or the Edelbrock one that is suggested?

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

• 3 weeks later...

stay away from purple shaft cams. if it were me id go with a comp cam, Holley carb vacuum secondaries for the reason it's a heavy car. either eddy heads or stealth heads from the440source.com they also have stroker kits their also. I'm wanting to go with the 512 kit for my 440. also if you put too big of a cam in you will need to go with a lower gear ratio, and possibly a stall converter, but anyway you go its very easy to turn out 450~500hp from a 440. yes im a mopar addict!