Sonic Electronix

I'm rebuilding my set up and have always used the affordable RCA's I could get. Is there really a difference in RCA's? I'm used to the 5 dollar cheap-o's but this time around I'm looking for quality, not quantity. I'm leaning towards all Rockford amps and wondered if I should go with all Rockford RCA's. Also checked out Darvex.com and noticed a BIG price difference in them. But what really is the difference?

1983 Olds Ninety Eight 2 Door Coupe

****CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION****

Dayton from parts express are very nice and priced right!

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

yeah i was wodnering too.. what difference did you notice exactly from using rf compared to schose or w/e?

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

yeah i was wodnering too.. what difference did you notice exactly from using rf compared to schose or w/e?

I noticed the cheap ass ones cause speaker whine in my car. Better RF ones dont. It's the protection on the wire that helps.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

you can actually tell the difference?

In the same exact environment with the same exact power and signal the RF was a TON louder and a TON clearer. It was literally a bigger difference than night and day.

I feel that if i replaced the RF that i have in my car with the Scosche stuff i used to have then i honestly think i would lose 4-6 db. Which is HUGE

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

shielding is the biggest difference. more expensive cables have more shielding, but not always better. some of the ends are made more durable on some cables, so if you are un-connecting your cables a lot, that could be important.

if you have zero interference problems and no worries about un-plugging your cables, unless you buy really shitty cables, you will never notice the difference.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69