Ive read some about this by now and have read more that when just uncranking the torsion bar bolts the ride quality will suffer compared to torsion keys. But at the same time I have heard of people taking out their original torsion keys and putting them back in upside down. Your then supposed to get somewhere around 4.5 to 6 inches (I think) of lowering; which is awesome and totally something I would do. Unfortunately I'm not sure you can still use the 4wd after you do this; which is one of my biggest things about lowering the car is that the 4wd must still work.

2001 GMC Jimmy SLE 4X4 Floor Shift AutoHeadunit - Alpine CDA-117Front Door Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C MidsRear Door Speakers - NoneDash Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C TweetersSub Amp - Rockford Fosgate T4002Mids+Highs Amp - Rockford Fosgate P4004Subwoofer - P3D215 Fosgate Punch 15Sub Box - Rockford Fosgate designed "powerful" ported box Built by myself

i would rather run cheaper but sexier then expensive and fucking ugly.

1. Never lower a 4 wheel drive.

2. never raise a 2 wheel drive.

I have the same car. Lift kit is like $1,200 just for the front...

Just leave it.

Get rims/tires/body kit.

i suck men dry...email me for details

• 2 weeks later...

biggest problem is the ball joint angles they get off your wheels fall the fuck off and tuck up under your fenders (I know from experience)

I think the safe area is like 2" up or down with tbars. and that is if they arn't sagging from use

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

• 3 weeks later...

biggest problem is the ball joint angles they get off your wheels fall the fuck off and tuck up under your fenders (I know from experience)

I think the safe area is like 2" up or down with tbars. and that is if they arn't sagging from use

agreed with you brother has 4x4 99 blazer did same thing

• 1 month later...

u shouldnt have too much prob droppin it.... flip the rear axle... (if its not already) or if it is, take a couple leafs out of the pack and do some drop blocks, then up front.... im not 100% sure, but there has gotta be a way... i know i would be able to drop my 4wheel drive f150.. and keep my 4wd. so, where theres a will theres a way :drinks:

-06' f-150...

audio.video.performance.visual

-08' yfz 450

all go. no sho

• 2 years later...

hey i lowered my black blazer its 97 4dr lowered 3" rear with blocks make sure too buy good blocks too not cheap junk from advance auto and then i replaced from and rear swaybars with bigger diameter and poly bushings front and rear from energy suspension and just droped from level with rear by adjusting my torsion bars, at first the ride felt weak up front but as it settled its amazing how i can hang curves now and ive got lower profile tires also helped me.. waiting too complete system then ill put the z06 wheels on black chrome and then two tone paintjob

----------- no more blazer-------------

New ride 2000 s10 ext cab xtreme zq8 v4a

4.3 jba headers,pcm4less tuned,nv3500 5spd,8.5" diff,ported/polished heads

makes good daily driver not a racecar lol

system:

pioneer 7200hd deck,kenwood kfc708 with jl xd400.4

stinger 2gauge wire

mtx thunder 1501d

custom built box myself ported 3.13 slot port 40hz (2) 10" re audio sexv2d2- may do sxx upgrade soon after tune the sex first

kicker 4x6 cs dash.

Archived