Sonic Electronix

Does fatmat really smell that bad? Im debating on either second skin or fat mat cause of the price. And i keep seeing people say it smells sometimes sometimes it doesnt i live in florida so it gets real hottt. Just trying to see any opinions thank you

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang V6

Exterior: Blacked Out Taillights, Turn Signals, Side Markers-Black 18x8 Enkei ls5-6000k HID's

Interior: Blue LED Strips with Module for Music-Hardwired Beltronics RX65 with Blue LED and remote button

Sub: 2 10 inch custom subs

Amp: Hifonics BRz 2600

Wire: Knu 0 gauge

Headunit: Kenwood kiv-bt901

Damplifier: Fatmat Rattletrap

Electrical: Stock Alt/Stock Battery/Big 3

hhow much did you put it? and it would go away right? also do you like it?

Exterior: Blacked Out Taillights, Turn Signals, Side Markers-Black 18x8 Enkei ls5-6000k HID's

Interior: Blue LED Strips with Module for Music-Hardwired Beltronics RX65 with Blue LED and remote button

havnt got it put in yet it's in the garage. I ordered 100 sq ft so ima make it all fit Lol

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

haha damn thats alot :peepwall: well let me know if it works for you and doesnt smell. Anyone else got opinions?

There it a product from a company called Audio Technix that will be here hopefully with in a month, and it will be around the same price as fatmat with no smell and it will work a lot better. Also you wont have to use a heat gun to apply it.

hmm ill have to check that out when it comes out

I have a layer of Fatmat in my trunk. For the First day or so it smelled a little like tar. But it goes away. If your going to use Fatmat or anything like it use multiple layers. I hear you can get "peal n seal" at Home depot for half the price of Fatmat and that it is the same thing. If this is true, put 2-3 layers on.

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

I have a layer of Fatmat in my trunk. For the First day or so it smelled a little like tar. But it goes away. If your going to use Fatmat or anything like it use multiple layers. I hear you can get "peal n seal" at Home depot for half the price of Fatmat and that it is the same thing. If this is true, put 2-3 layers on.

No. Peal and seal will smell forever since it's suppsoed to be used on houses. It's nearly 100% tar. You dont need a heat gun to apply fat mat idk where you heard that. Its just a line you peel off, lay down and roll it with a roller.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.