meade916

AA/SMD woofer REVIEWED by CA&E and Vance Dickason!!!

26 posts in this topic

hit up this link to see what they said about it!!

http://caraudiomag.com/articles/ascendant-audio-smd-subwoofer-review?utm_source=newsletter101021&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ascendant-audio-smd-subwoofer-review

its pretty much what i expected. He talks about the SQ at low volumes being "so-so" but as the power increased it was MUCH better. Thats what i figured with a woofer that is conservatively rated at 3500w. We all know its not an SQ driver but as long as Vance says it sounds good at HIGH volumes, thats good enough for me. Thats how i feel about it as well. I wouldnt buy the SMD if i was looking for just a small, low powered system geared towards easy listening, but if you like loud AND you want it to sound good, then its not a bad choice :)

read up, its a long review!

1 person likes this

just finished it up. its kinda weak how they dont give him enough power to play with it. like taking the fat kid to the buffet and restricting him to the salad section with the small plate .

In my opinion that is like taking a top fuel rail car and giving it a review compared to a luxury car...

Talk about under powering a "BEAST" as they called it.

I thought it was a good review.

good review yes. Great review no. Even Vance said he would have liked to see it at its rms level but they didnt have the power on hand . Wasnt his fault though the SMD is out of their normal scope of woofer they review.

I have to agree with the other guys. Taking the SMD and testing it on 1100 watts per coil (which is like 1/3rd of what Steve gives his) is kinda weak. I really wish they had stepped up and at least given it full RMS rating. I'm sure they were impressed but I was disappointed by that part of the review. They did have lots of good things to say about Steve and AA though :yahoo:

it was an OK review -

i mean they had lots of good things to say, didnt have the equipment to test it the way it needed to be tested.....but overall it wasnt too bad.

1 person likes this

good review yes. Great review no. Even Vance said he would have liked to see it at its rms level but they didnt have the power on hand . Wasnt his fault though the SMD is out of their normal scope of woofer they review.

this is true