Pioneer 920bt HELP

ok so now broken down like this... i have an orion 2500d and a infinity kappa4 for my lows and highs and its all being ran off a pioneer 920bt well im not clipping but i know if my pre-out volts were a lil higher than the 2.2 that the pioneer provides i might be able to lessen the gain and that in the end reduces how hard bot of my amps work and how my electrical preforms. so my question to you is do i need just a line drive or a eq if so what brand and and which one.. thank in advance..

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

ill tell you right now the orion does not like a high input voltage. a standard deck out is going to be ok. you start putting 8 volts etc to it and its going to shut off.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

ill tell you right now the orion does not like a high input voltage. a standard deck out is going to be ok. you start putting 8 volts etc to it and its going to shut off.

well is there anything like say i can do to get maybe a 5 volt signal to it..

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

what would you need for the problem though? i kinda have the same problem.. just my amp.. it doesnt matter if it shuts off i need to get a new one anyway... wouldnt really matter if it got deep fried

exactly what were you attempting to say.. all i can understand is the last part of ur statement which is deep fry?

as soon as you supply high input voltage the amp will shut down aka no bass. you want 5 volts. get a new headunit. im sure you can find a linedriver to get you the 5 volts as well but i think its just improper planning.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

as soon as you supply high input voltage the amp will shut down aka no bass. you want 5 volts. get a new headunit. im sure you can find a linedriver to get you the 5 volts as well but i think its just improper planning.

yea it was.. kinda got the amp a a great deal hard to pass off... so i got it and really didnt know what i was getting into... maybe somebody would trade for a sundown 2500 or a 2000 plus cash..

someone must not have been paying attention in school

power=volts*amps. power (Wattage)=volts (12ish in cars)* (times) amps (current draw, whatever your fuses are rated for)

moral of the story, whether it is a 1v in or 11v in, 2500 watts is 2500 watts, same amperage draw, same heat. Higher voltage does have some benefits, like increased dynamic range potential and lower noise, but it will never make an amp work less, only decreasing output (volume) does that

edit:

i know that is a little complex, but think of it this way.

Your carrying shingles up a ladder. Thats work. It's hard. It requires power (Wattage).

Input signal is like your boss yelling at you, the louder he yells, the more voltage.

It might get through to you clearer (less distortion), and you might not have to pay attention as closely(lower gain) but you're still hauling the same shingles up the same ladder doing the same work.

Edited by raytard

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

someone must not have been paying attention in school

power=volts*amps. power (Wattage)=volts (12ish in cars)* (times) amps (current draw, whatever your fuses are rated for)

moral of the story, whether it is a 1v in or 11v in, 2500 watts is 2500 watts, same amperage draw, same heat. Higher voltage does have some benefits, like increased dynamic range potential and lower noise, but it will never make an amp work less, only decreasing output (volume) does that

edit:

i know that is a little complex, but think of it this way.

Your carrying shingles up a ladder. Thats work. It's hard. It requires power (Wattage).

Input signal is like your boss yelling at you, the louder he yells, the more voltage.

It might get through to you clearer (less distortion), and you might not have to pay attention as closely(lower gain) but you're still hauling the same shingles up the same ladder doing the same work.

lmao.. not gonna lie ray math isnt a strong suit.. but since you broke it down like that exactly what is the purpose of having a higher input voltage i was always under the impression that the higher the volt the lower the gain could be therefore getting same results of loud bass with less of a gain

lmao.. not gonna lie ray math isnt a strong suit.. but since you broke it down like that exactly what is the purpose of having a higher input voltage i was always under the impression that the higher the volt the lower the gain could be therefore getting same results of loud bass with less of a gain

edit might have a hard time reading as well..