Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigmightymike24

Medium Density Fiberboard vs High Density

9 posts in this topic

Is there any real advantage using HIGH DENSITY FIBERBOARD over MEDIUM DENSITY FIBERBOARD?

I would PM Hugh G. Rection he seems to know a lot about wood. No pun intended.

I read that ^ smiled and then left. but I had to come back to say this lol. and if moneys not a factor go higher density or better yet mdf

mdf is medium density fiberboard....

oh rly mr obvious!

I read that ^ smiled and then left. but I had to come back to say this lol. and if moneys not a factor go higher density or better yet mdf

You have no idea how badly I wanted to facepalm that. Anyway, HDF is stronger than MDF, but of course costs more. In my opinion, if you can afford HDF then you can afford Birch plywood, and I'd prefer to use Birch.

You have no idea how badly I wanted to facepalm that. Anyway, HDF is stronger than MDF, but of course costs more. In my opinion, if you can afford HDF then you can afford Birch plywood, and I'd prefer to use Birch.

Birch FTW weighs half of MDF nothing and is strong as balls saves MPG's :). but yeah i dont think ive ever seen anyone use HDF but yes it is stonger

Rofl wow yeah I caught that after I posted it but the bell rang and i was like F it.. My bad :D

The only problem with HDF is it will eat your blades and drill bits. Alot of older shop Signs were made with HDF.