Tony C...mustang With Rockford System....punch 18's (pics)

Update - I've still got it! About the only thing that's changed is that it has a Sony Double DIN in it now. The Bluetooth went out on the Pioneer and it was time for something fresh. The T8004 needs some love as it thermals after about three minutes of full-tilt jamming. I suspect the fan is frozen up or has come detached from the PCB and is dangling from its wires. Either way, I'll get the amp out soon and dig into that. It also needs new headlight housings, the rear tires are dry rotted (AZ is a TOUGH climate), new rack bushings, possibly struts front and rear, and a complete detail.

Currently, it's got 109k on the clock. It still runs great although it absolutely does not want to go into reverse with it running. Funny, that's the only gear that I didn't beat the hell out of. I've power shifted it on the limiter so many times it's hard not to do that now-a-days. Easy big guy, she's got over 100k on her now . . . The 'stang has won many a challenge from 70 mph! It's only been beaten from 70 mph once. When D'Amore had his '05 GTO, we raced a few times on the highway. From 70 mph, he put a car on me instantly. By 110, I had made that up and had a car on him! He told me the next day, "Dude, your shit is so loud I couldn't even hear my shit next to yours." LOL . . . From a dig, the Mustang is hard to beat as it dead hooks. I did get beat by a guy in Subie WRX several years back from 40 or so. He blew his engine in the process and I drove on to race another day. That was about the same time I stopped street racing.

The last road trip we took in it, I had to have it towed back home. One of the idler pullies shit the bed while I was rolling' down the highway at 85 or so. I could hear the belt coming apart and then lost the AC and power steering. We pulled over and popped the hood and the belt was actually on fire! After getting the fire out, it was just too aggressive of a repair to do along I-17 so it went home on a flatbed.

It's really kind of had to believe that we built this system SO LONG ago and between then and now, I've only heard ONE system that I felt gave it a run for the money in the SQ department. Steve you need to do a road trip so I can hear the Lexus and we can empty a few nitrous bottles . . .

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

• 4 years later...