LOWES wood cutting service

Mine officially charges 25cents per cut, but the guy will always say "just tell them 5 cuts" no matter how many he makes. They have a pretty elaborate industrial setup.

It is less than perfect, but nothing too bad.

I just had em cut up my Birch yesterday for my new box.

2010_10222008Feb0001.jpg

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always have them cut my longest cuts. Then set up a fence and cut the rest with my circular saw. Or table saw if I do it at the shop. Its a lot more manageable

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

I use to cut wood at Lowe's. It really depends who's cutting it, some of them dont care. Ill always measured right after I cut it to ensure the accuracy, other employees never did that.

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

Sometimes lowes and home depot do a good job other times the mess up really bad. It is just a hit and miss. I was at home depot getting some wood cut the other week, I had all the cuts figured out so they would all fit on one sheet. I told him I need a 36x21.5 he cut me a 48x49, I told him that wasn't right then he put the wood back on and cut it down to 24x49, I just left him there trying to cut the wood and I left.

Ive had 3 boxes cut from HD .... same guy. the cuts were slightly shorter then they were supposed to be ... by like a 1/4 or 1/2 inch i forget ... but since everycut is "short" then it still fits perfectly. Ive since then used a circular saw and a long ass piece of metal. If you do go the HD route make sure the person knows what they are doing.

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

What I would do is when you tell them your measurements is make them a little bigger (if you need 31.5x20 tell them 32x20.5) that way you could go home and take off that half inch yourself. And it also gives you a half inch of error on their part.

woah! thats awesome. your mom wouldnt happen to be "heidi" from the tv show "home improvement" would she? if so... please post pics of said mom.

:drinks::popcorn:

No not at all man.

I meant that i was going to have her pay for it sense it would be used to remodel the house more then anything.

But i know someone that said i can use there circular saw. I really need to start replacing all my tool.

I would get a cheap circular saw, and a long piece of metal and some clamps. Line it up right and your cuts should come out well.

i free hand my shit (with the help of a pencil line) and it comes out straight as an arrow..

OP, a cheap circular saw is like $30. It's a great investment.

i just want to throw this out there. it doesnt mater where you go, it depends on the person doing the work. its not like all lowes or all home depots will do the same quality of work.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived