LOWES wood cutting service

Ok you guys here in about a week i am going to start on my new box.

Well on my last box i found out the hard way that cutting long pieces of MDF with a jig saw and planning on it coming out straight is slim to none.

So i was just goin to have lowes do my cuts for me.

SO i have 2 questions.

1) How accurate are they cuts?

2) How much does it cost?

Thanks people!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well when i went to my lowes to get some MDF and get it cut they told me the only thing they do is rip 2x4's and i was like WTF considering i hear of people on here getting their MDF cut @ lowes all the time.

To answer ur questions

1) its a table saw and it should be pretty damn accurate, maybe find and old dog to cut ur would instead of some youngin to do it, if itll make u feel safer

2) depending on how they do it it could be a couple bucks per cut or they could just charge you a one lump sum fee of like 10 or so bucks.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

going off my last experience

it was dead on

free, unless u have more than 5 cuts you have to pay i think not 100% sure on how many but if its too many they start charging.

going off my last experience

it was dead on

free, unless u have more than 5 cuts you have to pay i think not 100% sure on how many but if its too many they start charging.

Yea i have like 10-11 piece's that need to be cut out of 2 pieces of MDF.

I would get a cheap circular saw, and a long piece of metal and some clamps. Line it up right and your cuts should come out well.

I have a circular saw but its cordless and i can get maybe 3 cuts in before its dead.

Guess i will have to give them a call and find out.

Go to Home Depot, I had them cut a whole box for me. They did all the cuts good except 1. They were a 1/4inch off... :angry:

The cuts are cheap, but the guy didn't even charge me.

Well home depot is right across the street from lowes. I may just go ahead and call them. I dont want to get up there and them be like

"we dont cut MDF" or it be like $30 more i would just a saw then.

place by be is pretty close to accurate deff worth it makes it nice and easy at the same time.... quick as well, they normaly give you first 5 cuts free and then 25 cents per cut.... but most of the time if you get some one cool to cut it they do good work and dont even charge ya

Well home depot is right across the street from lowes. I may just go ahead and call them. I dont want to get up there and them be like

"we dont cut MDF" or it be like $30 more i would just a saw then.

Trust me, you won't be paying near 30$ just for cuts. Wayy cheaper than that lol. That is if they charge you. :drinks:

Archived