Sonic Electronix

$650 for amp, sub and box - is it worth it?

I am completely new so subs/amps/boxes.

I would like to know if I should demand my money back/better equipment or be happy with my purchase.

It sounds OK but for $300 I had the exact same sound from frys electronics with a cheap crunch amp ($100) and the polk audio db1212 ($200 - 360w RMS)

Here are some pictures.

The sub is a 12w3v3-4 ($250)

Amp is rockford fosgate punch P500-2 ($300)

Box was custom made I think ($50)

dscn6987.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dscn6991.th.jpg

dscn6994.th.jpg

dscn6992.th.jpg

dscn6990.th.jpg

Edited by casemods

i suck men dry...email me for details

i dont think its worth it the amp alone is too expensive imo.

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

i dont think its worth it the amp alone is too expensive imo.

Well I asked the guy and he said I can't demo anything and he won't give me my money back before I even tried the shit...

well its a local audio shop, they always try to rip ppl off at least around my area.

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

17" gold bbs

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

well its a local audio shop, they always try to rip ppl off at least around my area.

I figured that because it was a car audio specialty shop that they would know more about the stuff...

So what should I do?

At the end, they told me my head unit was the problem because it didn't have a sub control or something...

They said to come back tomorrow to get a new head unit (they were closing)

could be a wiring issue. thats pretty fucked up that you cant return anything. where did you get it from?

JL and RF are both expensive brands. and you dont really get what you pay for with them.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

could be a wiring issue. thats pretty fucked up that you cant return anything. where did you get it from?

JL and RF are both expensive brands. and you dont really get what you pay for with them.

x2 ansd figures they wouldnt let you return anything due to the fact that they think they "got" you as in kinda ripped you off. if you cant do anything my best advice is try building a better box, check out designs and roam thru these forums for a min. hopefully you can make the best out of your new equipment. i hate audio shops not all but most of 'em.

Build Log

17" gold bbs

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

It's called "car audio express" in san jose. There used to be a skate shop there a few years ago or so.

I was looking up the amp and some site said it's only 125w RMS?

A much better set up could be had for the money. You're running a just looks sub and an overpriced amp.. never trust local shops. They always rip people off.. If you're happy keep it but if he told me I couldn't demo anything or get my money back, I'd have walked out. Plus they should have stayed open just for you, to get a new head unit but they're too greedy and unwilling to help. That's what it sounds like to me.

1985 Chevy Silverado Black and Silver SBC 350/700r4