Sonic Electronix

$650 for amp, sub and box - is it worth it?

How is the amp wired to the sub?

Just like in the pictures?

Bridged (for 500w RMS)

I don't really understand the question?

It goes:

Amp, box terminal, sub.

I can get pictures if you want?

i suck men dry...email me for details

shit id try to return it and go on ebay and get the 13w3v3 for like $200

96 GRAND MARQUIS

2 Kole Kmx 15s

6.0 A.E. box tuned to 42Hz

1/0g power and ground

Huge Duralast batt.

Stock 130a alt

Amplifier - Dual XiA2460(hardcore p.o.s.)

Head Unit- Kenwood KDC-X693

AudioControl Three.1

Audiobahn bass line driver

Teh Big 3 in Kollosus Fleks 1/0

Funny Youtube Shit MATUXAZ

2 weeks ago "In wikipedia i found that this sub in 1997's unofficial private SPLdB drag was burned down the dB meter! The dB was over 300 and the system burned down. Actually, 300dB is only about ¼ of this prototype sound level."

I don't know anything about guns... so when I saw the title I thought, "I wonder what kind of woofer the AR-15 is?"

*laughs*

Twisted, I would stay away from that guy, the next video he uploads could be you tied up in his living room while being forced to watch him "swag and cook" in person, lol.

A much better set up could be had for the money. You're running a just looks sub and an overpriced amp.. never trust local shops. They always rip people off.. If you're happy keep it but if he told me I couldn't demo anything or get my money back, I'd have walked out. Plus they should have stayed open just for you, to get a new head unit but they're too greedy and unwilling to help. That's what it sounds like to me.

Yeah now that you mention it...they didn't even want to help this other guy that came in right before they closed...and that IS odd how they didn't want to sell me a head unit...

The receipt says "No refunds, exchanges only" And then "30% restocking fee for exchanges"

Exactly, they should have never sold you a 2 channel amp for your setup. If you arent happy with it put it on Ebay and see if you can recover some of your money. Just remember in the future to hit up this forum and ask tons of questions. Everyone here is really helpful. You could probly just sell the amp and get a better one, that would fix the weak link in the setup.

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Infiniti Kappa 3.5's and 6x8's

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg

this amp does 500 watts rms bridged.. not sure why they gave u a 2 channel amp instead of a monoblock http://www.crutchfield.com/s_575P5002P/Rockford-Fosgate-Punch-P500-2.html?tp=115

I don't think they had one that worked...the first one they gave me was only 320w RMS @ 4 ohms, the 500w was 2 ohms..and the guy even said "oh hur dur sorry about that"

shit id try to return it and go on ebay and get the 13w3v3 for like $200

"no returns, only exchanges" is what it says on the receipt. :(

Yeah now that you mention it...they didn't even want to help this other guy that came in right before they closed...and that IS odd how they didn't want to sell me a head unit...

The receipt says "No refunds, exchanges only" And then "30% restocking fee for exchanges"

Well, looks like you aren't returning your stuff. The ratings on the amp are

(RMS Continuous Power) 125 Watts x 2 @ 4-Ohms

250 Watts x 2 @ 2-Ohms

500 Watts x 1 @ 4-Ohms Bridged

which yours is bridged so thats good. I'd definitely check the specs on the box and see if they're in par with the manufacture specs. If not, build a better box, or have on made and you'll be good then. The amp is great, everyone loves RF. They're a bit pricey but that's quality. As for JL, here, not to many people like them. They are OVERPRICED, but you gotta live with it now. In case you don't know this yet, don't go back to them. Advise any friends and such to avoid them, and learn from your mistakes. The install could have been much worse..

Edit: Just ask here for advice if you decide to get a new HU and you'll get the help you deserve.

Edited by Wastehog

1985 Chevy Silverado Black and Silver SBC 350/700r4

It's called "car audio express" in san jose. There used to be a skate shop there a few years ago or so.

I was looking up the amp and some site said it's only 125w RMS?

Craigslist FTW! put it on craigslist someone will buy it just put JL Audio and Rockford Fosgate. And put in the description "LOUD" it will sell itself.

Vehicle: 1995 Impala SSHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P4400BHMids And Highs: (still deciding)Batteries: 1 Deka Group 34

Time to make a race car.My Build Log: Solo X 12"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build/My Build Log: DC lvl 4 xl 15"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build-My Wall Build Log: 4 Lanzar 15's/ 3k+ RMShttp://www.stevemead...t-by-techforce/My Feedback:http://www.stevemead...1

man if i knew you wanted to spend 650, i couldve pointed you in a better direction, i thought you was tryin to stay around 2 bills

96 GRAND MARQUIS

2 Kole Kmx 15s

1/0g power and ground

Huge Duralast batt.

Stock 130a alt

AudioControl Three.1

2 weeks ago "In wikipedia i found that this sub in 1997's unofficial private SPLdB drag was burned down the dB meter! The dB was over 300 and the system burned down. Actually, 300dB is only about ¼ of this prototype sound level."

I don't know anything about guns... so when I saw the title I thought, "I wonder what kind of woofer the AR-15 is?"

*laughs*

Twisted, I would stay away from that guy, the next video he uploads could be you tied up in his living room while being forced to watch him "swag and cook" in person, lol.

jl recommends around 300 rms

96 GRAND MARQUIS

2 Kole Kmx 15s

1/0g power and ground

Huge Duralast batt.

Stock 130a alt

AudioControl Three.1

*laughs*