Sonic Electronix

Anyone ever have this happen before? I have a knu konceptz mini-anl 2 way distro block, and that bastard gets HOT after playing music loud ofr a while.

I have 1/0 running from front to the distro, then 2 4g wires to each amp. These wires are say 3.5ft long. The ground wires were about 3ft also, but I moved my ground and now they are 1ft. Ground wires are also 4g, both amps ground to same spot.

I tested resistance on the original ground wires and tried to test resistance all possible ways between + and - to make sure no wire might have been cut and is grounding our somehow. No resistance and same thing with continuity (which I only had continuity when testing - to - and + to +).

Amps are a Sundown Audio 125.2 and 1200d with subs being 2 DC Sound Labs L3 12's.

Is there anything else I need to check electrical wise?

PS: Reason I found out it was my disto block was due to the fact that when the system was playing loud (with subs on) after a bit I'd get a god awful smell. Finally tracked it down to the plastic cover on the fuse distro.

Anyone ever have this happen before? I have a knu konceptz mini-anl 2 way distro block, and that bastard gets HOT after playing music loud ofr a while.

I have 1/0 running from front to the distro, then 2 4g wires to each amp. These wires are say 3.5ft long. The ground wires were about 3ft also, but I moved my ground and now they are 1ft. Ground wires are also 4g, both amps ground to same spot.

I tested resistance on the original ground wires and tried to test resistance all possible ways between + and - to make sure no wire might have been cut and is grounding our somehow. No resistance and same thing with continuity (which I only had continuity when testing - to - and + to +).

Amps are a Sundown Audio 125.2 and 1200d with subs being 2 DC Sound Labs L3 12's.

Is there anything else I need to check electrical wise?

PS: Reason I found out it was my disto block was due to the fact that when the system was playing loud (with subs on) after a bit I'd get a god awful smell. Finally tracked it down to the plastic cover on the fuse distro.

Either the distro block can't handle the current that is going through it or there is resistance with the connections. Either one will cause heat. Measure voltage across it to see if there is any drop across the distro block. That will also tell you if there is resistance there.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

If it happens to be one that has set screws to hold the wire in place i would replace it with one that uses lugs on the ends of the wire cause over time they tend to loosen up and cause more and more resistance and begin heating to the point of melting plastic.

Something like this. http://darvex.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=365&idcategory=28

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

I hate the mini anl fuse holders from Knu I think thye are junk.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Well, busted out the Fluke and V across either terminal is the same. This makes me wonder about my Knu underhood fuse block also now. Guess I'm going to replace the fuse holders I got with something else. I was going to be adding a 2nd battery and was gonna order more Knu holders for that.. But I think i'll dig around Darvex and see what else I can get. Kinda sucks.

What about them don't you like? Is this a common issue or something?

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

I dont like the compression fitting. I think its janky. I would rather screw it down and know its tight than fight with that. They fit hte bill for cheap but I had two different ones do the exact same thing. Eventually they came slgihtly loose and the wire would lose contact and then make contact. Melted the fuse block. Which sounds like he's on his way to doing. For a couple bucks more I can get stinger from darvex that I've never had any issues with at all. I'll see if I have any pictures of the blocks but Im about ten phones past the last one.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Yeah, I'm just pricing out new fuse blocks to replace what I got. I'm just going to replace my 2 way disto with single ANL holders. I'm trying to decide if I want to dedicate my 1/0 run for 2nd battery then direct to the sub amp and have another run of 4g that runs my front stage amp. This overkill or pointless?

x2 I oughta kick knu in the fucking nuts for making it the way they do.

I have the same one and the way the connections are made is BULLSHIT.

Guaranteed resistance bro. swap that distro out for a better one.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D