Sonic Electronix

is this a good way to wire up my amps and capacitors ??

Ok so I have two amps and two caps and was wondering if I could wire the caps in parallel grounded to battery and amps grounded to the chassis would this work good or is there a better way ??? Using all 4awg wire and would I need fuse between caps ??

ditch the caps bro. Get a better battery, or add another battery next to the amps and wire them straight to that battery. Youre causing nothing but more things to charge for the alt

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Yeah, sell the caps and get a battery. Unless you want to keep one for a voltage readout or just to look cool :shrug: . But yeah, you could sell at least one and get a battery with the money.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

well i got both caps for 23 dollars new at best buy there are just 1Farad caps no volt meter i already have a battery in the back relocated from the front optima red top and i have been using one and it made a big diff in voltage drop. i did some reading and if i wanted to ad another battery i would have to get another red top and would that put more strain on the charging system than 2x1farad caps ? let me know if it wont hurt my little 70 amp alternator, if i could upgrade the alt i would but no one makes upgraded alts for mercury capri XR2

if i was to get another battery am i correct on it having to be a red top since that is what i use now ? and how would i go about wiring it up next to the stock one ?

Edited by michigancapri92

You can get alternators usually that will fit almost every vehicle, just send mechman, power bastards, DC, iraggi, and whatever oter companies an email and ask.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

how much average is like a 150 amp alt ? and would that be enough power for a 400watt rms 300 watt rms and add little more wiggle room for upgrade later ?

Best bet.

system-1.png

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

how much average is like a 150 amp alt ? and would that be enough power for a 400watt rms 300 watt rms and add little more wiggle room for upgrade later ?

oh, if you're only running that much then just chuck the caps in, then when you upgrade you can sell them and get another battery.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

A lot of dumb smartasses here today. If you still want to use them, wire them in front of the amp. If you have the charging cards, use those to charge them. Caps aren't batteries. They are for stabilizing voltage, not provide amperage, that what alts are for. If people would not assume and understand that, it would make the planet that much of a better place :drinks:

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX