Sonic Electronix

you can never go wrong with 4ga wire !! i only have a 400watt rms and 300watt rms amp and i still run 4ga ... never hurts and never have a problem with voltage drop or heat

I have 4 gauge running to a 200rms mids highs amp, FTW! 8 gauge to sub.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Surprised no one has said ditch the cap...

From what I've heard, Caps make it even harder on your electrical... If you know how it works, then it makes sense, I can't explain it in words though...

| S-10 | 4.5^3 ft | 33Hz | SAE-1000D @ 1 Ohm | 2 SA-12s |

SPL: 143.7 Sealed | 153.4 Port Wars

Ditch the caps. Seriously, they don't help your electrical system !

Just do the big3 in ...4 awg(if it's what you got).

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Ditch the caps. Seriously, they don't help your electrical system !

Just do the big3 in ...4 awg(if it's what you got).

A lot of people would agree with you, and a lot would disagree. Capacitors with no charge pull more current than the amp alone would, BUT not when they maintain a charge, like if the car is driven everyday. It's obvious in theory and in practice that having a stiffening capacitor will prevent minor electrical issues. I'm not gonna put the time for that into my girl's car just to fix headlights dimming. In my own car, caps immediately improved my bass response too. Better yet, they're cheap.

Edited by osamio

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

A lot of people would agree with you, and a lot would disagree. Capacitors with no charge pull more current than the amp alone would, BUT not when they maintain a charge, like if the car is driven everyday. It's obvious in theory and in practice that having a stiffening capacitor will prevent minor electrical issues. I'm not gonna put the time for that into my girl's car just to fix headlights dimming. In my own car, caps immediately improved my bass response too. Better yet, they're cheap.

B) I like what he said... sort of...

| S-10 | 4.5^3 ft | 33Hz | SAE-1000D @ 1 Ohm | 2 SA-12s |

SPL: 143.7 Sealed | 153.4 Port Wars

the longest run burnt up because it has more resistance. the shorter runs (cap to amp) can handle a lot more current because they are shorter, less resistance.

no go put some proper fuses on that power wire before you burn your car down. upgrade it too. obviously 8awg isnt enough, and it hardly ever is.

Keep in mind wire has the same resistance per unit length no matter what the total length is. So trying to push say, 100 amps through 8 gauge will heat up the same in each section no matter if it is 1 foot or 20 feet. (sortof) The main reason you need bigger wire for a longer length is because there will be more voltage drop. (which could cause more current draw causing more heat)

New wiring held up. problem solved. thanks for the input.

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

Keep in mind wire has the same resistance per unit length no matter what the total length is. So trying to push say, 100 amps through 8 gauge will heat up the same in each section no matter if it is 1 foot or 20 feet. (sortof) The main reason you need bigger wire for a longer length is because there will be more voltage drop. (which could cause more current draw causing more heat)

umm.... no. I think you need to go on BCAE1.com and read up on the "wire" section. what you said would be like if you lined up ten 1lbs weights and pushed them, somehow it would be as easy as pushing one of the 1lbs weights.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.