Mechman Alternators

What kind of alt is this and what will it fit?

Hahaha.

That's one of those wonderful "Fitzall" (or fitsnone, as I like to call it) alternators from Powerbastards. It is basically a medium case GM CS130D housing with a "universal" mounting ear on it. They basically market that to fit every vehicle known to man, although it really doesn't fit anything without a bunch of fabrication. They expect you to grind off the parts of the mounting ear that arn't used so it will clear the bracket. It probably makes about 180 amps peak with about 60 amps at idle.

Hahaha.

That's one of those wonderful "Fitzall" (or fitsnone, as I like to call it) alternators from Powerbastards. It is basically a medium case GM CS130D housing with a "universal" mounting ear on it. They basically market that to fit every vehicle known to man, although it really doesn't fit anything without a bunch of fabrication. They expect you to grind off the parts of the mounting ear that arn't used so it will clear the bracket. It probably makes about 180 amps peak with about 60 amps at idle.

Damn you got it first guess. I have no clue why I have it but I found the box it came in and its is from power bastards. Is there anything I can do with it? Good paper weight maybe?

Damn you got it first guess. I have no clue why I have it but I found the box it came in and its is from power bastards. Is there anything I can do with it? Good paper weight maybe?

IT wouldn't be a bad unit to adapt into a CRX or some other small car that is drive belt limited. You would have to grind or machine on it some, and make some spacers or brackets. 180 amps is about all you can drive on a 4 rib belt anyway. If you go to their website, you can look up a Lamborghini, or a Honda Civic, or anything between, and it lists THAT alternator as being a direct fit, LOL.

If you go to their website, you can look up a Lamborghini, or a Honda Civic, or anything between, and it lists THAT alternator as being a direct fit, LOL.

lol thats funny

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

IT wouldn't be a bad unit to adapt into a CRX or some other small car that is drive belt limited. You would have to grind or machine on it some, and make some spacers or brackets. 180 amps is about all you can drive on a 4 rib belt anyway. If you go to their website, you can look up a Lamborghini, or a Honda Civic, or anything between, and it lists THAT alternator as being a direct fit, LOL.

HAHA sounds like ive just got something to hang out on the shelf and hope someday it is a relic!