Sundown Audio

Sundown X-8 Work in Progress

Did anyone else just faint when they saw this?

04' Chevy Blazer

-Kenwood KIV-BT900, Infinity Kappa 462.9cfp's, Rockford P1653's, Subs... Ridin Stock-

• 3 weeks later...

The main update is bad news guys. The factory that was producing our surround, cone, dust cap, and spider for this driver was destroyed in the disaster in Japan. As this is an ultra high-end unit we were utilized some of the more specialized technology available from this supplier in Japan for these parts. That explains why I have not heard anything in a while. From what I was told by my contact several workers were killed, some are still missing, and the building is completely wiped out.

The frame, motor, magnet boot, and coil are made in China so should proceed normally. I should have more on the frame within two weeks as things are getting back on track in China.

Of course the soft parts set-back will delay the product overall significantly.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

The main update is bad news guys. The factory that was producing our surround, cone, dust cap, and spider for this driver was destroyed in the disaster in Japan. As this is an ultra high-end unit we were utilized some of the more specialized technology available from this supplier in Japan for these parts. That explains why I have not heard anything in a while. From what I was told by my contact several workers were killed, some are still missing, and the building is completely wiped out.

The frame, motor, magnet boot, and coil are made in China so should proceed normally. I should have more on the frame within two weeks as things are getting back on track in China.

Of course the soft parts set-back will delay the product overall significantly.

Thank god you didn't put all the eggs in one basket! :sigh:

My Build Log- T E A M S U N D O W N A U D I O -

2013 DbDrag WF SS1-2 - 5th Place 154.6db

2013 MECA Mod3 CA State Final Champ 153.4db