how many batteries can i run off a standard 100 amp alternator

basically i want to run about 10,000 watts rms and I CAN NOT FIT AN AFTER MARKET ALTERNATOR, the standard alternator is putting out 100amps so the question is if it possible how many batteries will i be able to connect up to the standard 100amp alternator to power 10,000 watts rms and will it cause any damage to the batteries or the alternator? and will the standard alternator be able to charge the batteries?

i have been planning a big project and recently found out that i have no chance with fitting an after market alternator so before i call it quits i thought i had might as well ask about putting heaps of batteries in the boot/trunk

what about where your a/c mounts, and what vehicle is this?

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

You can run as many batteries as you want, you will just have to maintain them with something else since your alt WILL NOT be able to maintain them and keep them charged. Maintain them with a good battery charger or you will just be replacing batteries every couple of weeks/months depending on how and what you plan to do with this 10kw of power.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

basically i want to run about 10,000 watts rms and I CAN NOT FIT AN AFTER MARKET ALTERNATOR, the standard alternator is putting out 100amps so the question is if it possible how many batteries will i be able to connect up to the standard 100amp alternator to power 10,000 watts rms and will it cause any damage to the batteries or the alternator? and will the standard alternator be able to charge the batteries?

i have been planning a big project and recently found out that i have no chance with fitting an after market alternator so before i call it quits i thought i had might as well ask about putting heaps of batteries in the boot/trunk

what car?

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

you got to look at it like this. the more batteries you got, the more you got to divide that 100 amps (minus what the car uses to run) worth of charing. so say your car uses 25 amps going down the road,

you got 75 amps left to charge the batteries

10 batteries. 7.5 amps per battery worth of charging.

750 amps worth of current draw from your amplifier(s)

so thats 75 amps of draw from each battery.

that means in order for your charging to keep up, you can only run bass notes 10% of the time and expect to keep those batteries charged.

This is a simple explanation and things can get more complicated. but you get it.

run as many batteries as you want. but like has already been said, keep em on a charger at home and watch that voltage. it starts dropping more and more, you need to turn it down.

You can´t fit it because you don´t have money or because you don´t have space??? i installed a Nissan´s Tiida/Versa on my little toy suzuki swift and that shit works awesome, costed me around 90$ installed too, the stock alt were behind the engine on a SMALLLLLL spot, we were able to do it tho , so nothing it´s impossible!! :peepwall:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

theres an aftermarket alt for just about every car, some you may have to move stuff, some you may have to hammer shit :) like mine, i have to hammer stuff outta the way until it fits:)

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

My car it´s not available on the US so it was difficult getting an aftermarket alternator hehe, got the Tiida´s alt for about a year now, happier than ever really, dropping to 13.4v with 3 batteries and 5000 watts is very nice :yahoo:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

LOLWUT?

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Just PM mechman and tell them what car you have, they should be able to hook you up.

http://www.youtube.c...er/SmallTownSPL

2002 Chevy Blazer

Substage: Shhh, its a secret ;)

Mids and Highs: Stock-Going to change soon

Amp:MTX 92001

Wire:1/0 Welding cable

Electrical:Stock

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

I hope she was meaning that to you. Any who.... You dont say you wanna have dinner in the first damn post. talk to her first. I say find out if the status was torwards you..

Here try this...

"Hey hows it going :)( notice smiley face makes everything better ) I saw your status. "You are far from usual".... So is my dick... Wanna Fuck tommorow???"

Or send her message saying "hey" she replies back "hey" when this happens reply Wanna fuck (INSERT ADDRESS HERE)

Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine. :)

Archived