3/0 awg vs 8 awg

i was hoping this is what you were going to say!

take a look at your statement....7 years ago!!! technology and applied sciences have changed, over and over again. the jacket is not the same as it used to be, with MANY welding cables doubling on the jacket. plus, as long as the wires are installed correctly to begin with you minimize a lot of potential damage with using welding cables. please show me a lot of accidents ACTUALLY occuring from this issue you speak of with welding cable?

i mean, even if you use audio markets wiring, and do a shitty job installing and wiring then you STILL have an issue with breaks in the line. and to say welding cable jackets dont like heat....lol.

I guess I need a refresher on current production of cable, what material is the jacket composed of on welding cable now, is it the same as automotive grade cable? Cuz it used to not be. That WAS my point. New shit I learned.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

i was hoping this is what you were going to say!

take a look at your statement....7 years ago!!! technology and applied sciences have changed, over and over again. the jacket is not the same as it used to be, with MANY welding cables doubling on the jacket. plus, as long as the wires are installed correctly to begin with you minimize a lot of potential damage with using welding cables. please show me a lot of accidents ACTUALLY occuring from this issue you speak of with welding cable?

i mean, even if you use audio markets wiring, and do a shitty job installing and wiring then you STILL have an issue with breaks in the line. and to say welding cable jackets dont like heat....lol.

It's interesting you say that because I have used welding cable in my trucks for well over 10 years now. In fact, my Excursion has had the same power wire in it for the 10 years I have owned it. Other then being a little dirty, it is in the same usable condition it was when I installed it. But I guess in AMI's mind, I am just lucky huh ;)

Now, does this mean all welding cable brands are equal? hell no. You better research the different makers just like you would for car audio wire. I have a few different samples of 4/0 around here and they are very different in quality as well as price.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

It's interesting you say that because I have used welding cable in my trucks for well over 10 years now. In fact, my Excursion has had the same power wire in it for the 10 years I have owned it. Other then being a little dirty, it is in the same usable condition it was when I installed it. But I guess in AMI's mind, I am just lucky huh ;)

Now, does this mean all welding cable brands are equal? hell no. You better research the different makers just like you would for car audio wire. I have a few different samples of 4/0 around here and they are very different in quality as well as price.

I don't believe in luck.... :popcorn:

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

Evo X build log

16163044_large.gif

If were all so worried about our 4/0 jacket melting, why don't we just wrap it in loom, then run it inside a pvc through the engine compartment, through the firewall, and to your amps. That'll sovle any problems.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Last time I checked, wires with any amount of current running through them produce heat. Last time I checked, rubber is an oil based product, therefore oil and rubber go together great. Last time I checked, it's known that rubber degrades in the sunlight after years and years, example being tires. But I'll take your word on it, just because you seem like a pretty smart guy. :rofl:

Last time I checked, wires with any amount of current running through them produce heat. Last time I checked, rubber is an oil based product, therefore oil and rubber go together great. Last time I checked, it's known that rubber degrades in the sunlight after years and years, example being tires. But I'll take your word on it, just because you seem like a pretty smart guy. :rofl:

I am glad you decided to take the high road on that comment. Thanks

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

Evo X build log

16163044_large.gif

well i feel like when you have a forum as awesome as this you have many people who have many experiences, not all being the same, who come together who will of course have different opinions. i research products, and honestly what i use depend on the install and vehicle. and a lot of people on a budget have used welding cables which have worked just fine.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I am glad you decided to take the high road on that comment. Thanks

the airs REALLY thin up there, lol. no worries mate, still got a sick truck and insane setup.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Man, I seriously was on my seat waiting for something that I would have to worry about. I guess not.

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

Archived