Second Skin Audio

box for 1 L7 15"

If you have that little room for your L7, I recommend selling it and getting something that requires more like 4 cubic feet max instead of 6! I have one L5 in my truck in a 6 cubic foot box, and it SLAMS, check out my video if you want to. But the one thing I know about kickers is that they love their space. A single L7 in a 3 cubic foot box (ported) on about 1500 watts would get owned by a single L7 in a 6 cubic foot box on 950 watts... You will be disappointed if you decide to build such a small box for your sub.

If it was up to me I would

But it's for a friend of mine

Trust me I know l7 love space if you look at my build log I have 4 l7 15s and my box is over 20 cubes

But this is what he gave me to work with and he won't sell it and get something else

I could maybe get a Lil more room if I built it in the trunk but I couldn't even get my tools in there to finish it

It's a really small trunk

I've got a plan drawn out right now with only 43.5 square inches of port tuned to 36 hz

If it was up to me I'd sell it and get on legit 12

But it's for my friend and it's what he wants and he's paying me so that's what I'm building him

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

With those figures, 26 long for 36 hz and 30 long for 34, but with a port that long that is going to take away more net and make the box even way smaller. Cuz at 36 hz tuning you are at a 1.0 cube worth of port, so that brings your net cubes down to 2.4 without the sub. WAY too small, you would need a shit load of power to make it do anything. You should consider either selling the sub or making a sealed box that is 3.4 cubes.

That is a very good point

He won't want to sell it so I'll just ha e to make it sealed

Thanks for the help!

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer