Sonic Electronix

Right... So I have a fi btl 15 in a ported box @30 hz. For both space constraints, and preference to sound: Even though it has no specs for a sealed box, could I do it anyway? What would I lose by putting it in a sealed box even though the sub it self is designed for a ported one?

Right... So I have a fi btl 15 in a ported box @30 hz. For both space constraints, and preference to sound: Even though it has no specs for a sealed box, could I do it anyway? What would I lose by putting it in a sealed box even though the sub it self is designed for a ported one?

Is the sub under warranty?

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Infiniti Kappa 3.5's and 6x8's

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg

sub can't breath, sub will overheat. Pretty sure at least

Not that I don't believe you... I do, but how? I just would like to know the how/why part.

Not that I don't believe you... I do, but how? I just would like to know the how/why part.

That subs moving a hell of a lot more than a lower rated sub that doesn't need as much power. You're feeding a sub more power, which will add heat.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

But if you inverted it in a Sealed box it wouldn't over heat. But i doubt it will sound to good sense it is designed for a ported box.

1997 Chevy Cheyenne Single Cab

Pioneer DEH-3200UB

Two sets of Orion 6.5" Components In Each Door

AudioQue HDC3 15"

^^^ Its all For Sale!!!!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/99546-lots-to-sale-good-prices/ ^^^ AQ2200D

Wow, such a flexy beast(see what i did there lol)

But if you inverted it in a Sealed box it wouldn't over heat. But i doubt it will sound to good sense it is designed for a ported box.

Do you happen to know what makes a sub designed for a ported box vs a sealed one? Or is it just that the manufacturers are the only ones who know, and what they say goes?

I'm not trying to contradict anyone, I would just like to know why, like in my last post.