Second Skin Audio

Box specs help with 2 AQ SDC2.5 12

Okay, here goes nothing. I couldn't find much info on the recommended box specs for AQ SDC2.5 12's and I'm working on designing/building a box for my buddies truck. The subs will be 2 12s and on an AQ1200d. Looking to go ported, probably tuned to 35hz. Equipment choice is final as he already has it all ordered. Just need help with how much sq in of port and recommended box size. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

1985 Chevy Silverado Black and Silver SBC 350/700r4

As i just learned recently AQ subs are best tuned to around 37hz. Have yet to test this for myself but it is what ive been hearing alot lately. My 15 is tuned to 32hz and i feel like i lost a little of the upper range of bass. Also 2.4-3.0 cu is what is shown on the AQ site for 2 10's. They say 1.2-1.5 cu for the 10's. I hate how they dont make things like this clear but oh well. Good product. Hope this helps.:) And if you need anything ill help to the best of my knowledge.

Oops 2 12's haha guess i cant read and eat taco bell at the same time... Anyways 12-inch subs work in 1.8-2.5 net cuft I would do my best to give them around 3.6-5.0 cu depending on how much space you would like to take up. A bigger box gets louder but once you get too big the bass seems a little shallow to me personally. Best info i can send you off with. All I know is im VERY happy with the way my 15 sounds so I must have done something right.

4 cubes net. 4 flared 3" aeros 14 inches long. Brother has the exact setup in a blow through. Loud too. His build log is on one of the first 5 pages in the build section. 97 ranger blow through

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff