Sonic Electronix

450 Watts continous to 400 RMS subs?

umm... if you were talking to me then you seriously misunderstood my comment. i have no idea what amp you will be running and it doesnt matter. there are a ton of factors to your amps output, such as; recording level of the song, the fact that music is dynamic, impedance rise, "amplitude" of the bass notes, etc.

im happy to get 2000-2500w out of my 3000w amp.

You went out of your way to mention the price of the subs, i assumed you were implying they are cheap. which they are, i thought that was meant to be derogatory. Anyway, thanks for the replies. my question is answered.

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

Not to be a dick, but can you read? He said I'll be you $100 that your subs will never see 450. He didn't say anything about the price of your subs, he is betting they won't see 450 watts from your 450 watt amp.

Nah man i totally read it wrong. My bad. I completely read it "I'll bet your $100 dollar subs will never see 450"

Edited by osamio

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

I ran a decent 400w amp on a crappy 450rms/1500 max sub, and I had lots of problems (blew quick)! 5 minutes later, I put in the other single sub, gently broke it in for 2.5 weeks, and once again had problems. It blew, only the broke in sub took a couple weeks to pop. It is very tempting to try to get that last little bit of sound; so do be very careful.

FYI- punch 400, 15"Volfenhag - he bought the gear before we met. Now he's planning on a beast 15 with big power.

Stetsom 11K2d

6-12" DC XL's

8 batts

Ohio Generator alt

2 punch 400's, 8 goldwood 6.5's, 4 selenium st200's

2010 MECA AS1 champ 146.7

Team DC I'm on the wagon, driving a wagon!

'90 Camry Wagon

155+ on music

member of MECA, FCBC, and IASCA

There are quite a few people that run pioneer subs @rated power with no problem providing you aren't gain happy and clip them to death, i ran 2 rockford p1 10" on an alpine mrp m500 for 8 months with no problem and the subs were rated at 150w rms. As long as you understand what clipping is and know when to back off on the sub output on certain music they'll live a long and happy life.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

I ran a decent 400w amp on a crappy 450rms/1500 max sub, and I had lots of problems (blew quick)! 5 minutes later, I put in the other single sub, gently broke it in for 2.5 weeks, and once again had problems. It blew, only the broke in sub took a couple weeks to pop. It is very tempting to try to get that last little bit of sound; so do be very careful.

FYI- punch 400, 15"Volfenhag - he bought the gear before we met. Now he's planning on a beast 15 with big power.

no offense but that REALLY sounds like user error. i bet you were clipping to a full square wave.

A general rule of thumb I was taught was with quality woofers, they can hold 75% of their max power with no problem. I'm not saying that's correct, but it always worked for me.

i say quality woofers dont talk about "max" power. same goes for amps.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

thats because you obviously dont know how to tune gains. by the way, tuning the headunit all the way up doesnt mean full preout voltage. theres sooo many factors that take into account for all the things you're saying that you dont understand yet.