Mechman Alternators

270 Amp Mechman Alternator

Alright, im back and this time im in action. I had a 250 amp alt from mechman for my old car and for some odd reason it quit on me and would only work at low rpm's. I shipped it back to mechman and had them inspect it to see what went wrong and where. After they said they replaced everything except the casing and it still didnt work right i told them to hold off while i shopped around for another vehicle and they did just that. I found myself my truck i have now and had Matt make me an alt for my truck. Lucky for me he had one that was already built sitting on the shelf and i paid him for the upgraded alternator price and had him ship it off to me. I installed it 4 days ago and this time i have not had a SINGLE problem like my old unit had (which apparently was shipped badly from fedex because as we all know they can be very rough on their stuff) I put it in and ran all the 0 gauge wire for the power and grounds and it works like a dream. It keeps my voltage at 14.6 warm and 15.3 cold. The only problem i have with this (but Matt i dont expect you to do anything about it since my engine idles at 650 rpm which is very low for good output) but at idle when my radio is at full tilt the voltage drops 2 volts but only for a few seconds and then comes back up. Other than that, my alt doesnt get hot, only warm to the touch, its silent, and it works like its supposed to. I am so glad that i purchased my alternator from Mechman. His customer service skills cannot be beat, the prices are very fair, and his knowledge is so vast that there cant be any questions he cant answer.

Anyways, Im very happy with everything i have from mechman. And i do plan to keep buying from Mechman in the future for all my alternator needs.

Keep up the great work Matt!!

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress