Please tell me I'm blind! Kicker Warhorse (10,000wrm) for only $1,899.00?!!

i have installed two in the shop i use to work for its ok it needs a lot of power to run each amp takes 3 0ga power and ground a 250amp alt and a lot of batteries to run and also the spk connection is wild over all i was not impressed with how is performed..

You're talking about one amp that would replace what a normal install might require anywhere between 2 to 4 amps to achieve the same power. Of course its still going to need juice, can't make power from sparkles and dreams.

I installed one into a car running an iraggi 300amp alternator charging two XS Power D3100s never dropping below 12.8 at full tilt for extended periods.

I'm currently running a mechman 270 and two D3100s for one RF T4000 wired at .67 ohms

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

was never a fan of the warhorse

there are better amps for less

Better 10k amps for less?????? :orly3: Have you ever run this amp to be able to give this opinion? I spent about an hour talking to a kicker engineer on Wednesday trying to better understand this amp and this is what I came away understanding. The warhorse powers your dual VC subs with a push pull system. It does not wire like a normal class d mono block, it powers (push/pull) each coil separately. When wiring say 8 subs like I am about to do to the warhorse, you have to look at each coil as a single vc sub or in the case of 8 subs as 4 dual vc subs.

The biggest piece of information that I walked away with, is basically that impedance rise does not effect the power output of the warhorse. I was told that as long as the final impedance reading at each coil output is 2 ohms that the warhorse will put out 10k. the only thing to effect power output is voltage.

Now you show me another amp that you know if you can keep your voltage 13v+ you know you are going to be seeing anywhere close to 10k.

Oh and the $1899 isnt the final price, you can make them an offer also. Trust me they will accept a much lower offer for what they paid for them.

Better 10k amps for less?????? :orly3: Have you ever run this amp to be able to give this opinion? I spent about an hour talking to a kicker engineer on Wednesday trying to better understand this amp and this is what I came away understanding. The warhorse powers your dual VC subs with a push pull system. It does not wire like a normal class d mono block, it powers (push/pull) each coil separately. When wiring say 8 subs like I am about to do to the warhorse, you have to look at each coil as a single vc sub or in the case of 8 subs as 4 dual vc subs.

The biggest piece of information that I walked away with, is basically that impedance rise does not effect the power output of the warhorse. I was told that as long as the final impedance reading at each coil output is 2 ohms that the warhorse will put out 10k. the only thing to effect power output is voltage.

Now you show me another amp that you know if you can keep your voltage 13v+ you know you are going to be seeing anywhere close to 10k.

Oh and the $1899 isnt the final price, you can make them an offer also. Trust me they will accept a much lower offer for what they paid for them.

soundigital 12k is around that pricetag and that thing will do way more power than that...

soundgitial 8k will do over 10k at 13+v and is under that price...

just to name a few..

But yes, the warhorse is a awesome piece of technology no doubt.

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Hello Everyone,

I have been asked to do some testing since i now own 3 of some of the best amps out there.The test consist of the Stetsom 14k2d, Soundigital 12k and the Cactus Sound Elite 12k.I own a 2007 chevy avalanche and my system is a groundpounder.My electrical is make up of 2 DC Power 350 amp alternators,8 Kinetik HC1800 amps connected with copper bus bars ,MLA module.All amps where tested using 2 DD Neo Z9518's in a 25 cft box 8 cft per sub with 260" port area tuned to 36 hz peaks 42 hz.impedance rise was around 3.2-3.4 total rise.

My starting impedence is 1 ohm Nominal

Stetsom 14k2d Total power was 6200 watts at 3.4 ohm i had to disconnect my MLA module because your limited to 14.7 v max on the 12v version. 14.2 v dropping 13.7 v.

Soundigital 12k Total power was 10300 watts at 3.2 ohms 15.4 v dropping to 15 v. with MLA module.

Cactus Sounds Elite 12k Total Power was 8200 watts at 3.28 ohms 15.4 dropping 15.1 v with MLA module.( this amp really want 16v to start with so if i could give it 16v the numbers would be better.

These are my results.Everyone might have different results dependent on there setup.Testing was done in the shade with the a/c running in the truck with about 10-15 minutes between runs.All amps where setup using my hand held o-scope to make sure all results where unclipped signals.My testing where done using fluke meters. Fluke 177 voltmeter and Fluke 337a.

now that was taken from

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83969-amp-testing-results/page__p__1151660__hl__test__fromsearch__1entry1151660

that thread.. so I am just posting some info that you requested

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

i have installed two in the shop i use to work for its ok it needs a lot of power to run each amp takes 3 0ga power and ground a 250amp alt and a lot of batteries to run and also the spk connection is wild over all i was not impressed with how is performed..

kicker recomends 2 200 amp alts and 4 kinetik 2400's!

thats not alot for the effeciency of the amp!!

and what are you talking about it needs 3 1/0 inputs!

any 5k amp needs 2???

soo you just add an extra one for 5k more!!??

"yes... it will play like that all day!"

Not what I was referring to. You're correct, there are better depending on use. But does Andrew have a clear understanding as to why? Let alone, seen one in person and installed it? I was laughing at someone jumping a bandwagon claiming facts or opinions he's neither thought of or formed.

I wonder if he has any factual opinions on the design of the warhorse, its efficiency, or how it amplifies signal without using amplification circuits normally used in class d and a/b amps.

lately I have been getting alot of warhorse huggers claiming it's the best amp because it's efficient and no other reason, thought you were another sorry

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

2 dd z1's strapped will do well over 10k

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Archived