Sundown Audio

Best way to run Two Amps ?

anthonyott99

What is the best way to run two amps ? i have one 600 watt running my two Hifonics hfi12d4's and want to use my other 600 watt to run my old sony 12's and wondering if i should purchase a Y connector for splitting my RCA's coming from my HU sub pre-out or should i run the second amps input off the output of the first amp ?

rwhops.jpg

wait, 2 amps...for 2 different pair of subs? wouldnt recommend it

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

i know this is not the ideal way to power 4 subs but i just have the two other 12's in boxes and the other 600 watt amp just sitting around so i figure might as well stuff them in the trunk and run all four ! And if i run the Y connectors will i be splitting the output voltage from the HU between the two amps ? I figured if i use the output on the first amp i would be keeping the output voltage from the HU the same to the second amp , correct ?

rwhops.jpg

if your bent on doing this you can just come from the output of the first amp.

agreed,

just use the output RCA terminals for the 2nd amp. you could run y splitters but this will do the same thing i believe

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

no need a splitter, just 2 sets of rca. the first set will be ran from your stereo to any of the amps. now, with the amp that is connected to the stereo, get the seceond set and hook it up to the ouput of the amp that is connected to the stereo and use the other side of the second set of rca to the input of the second amp. and on the remote turn on wire, from the stereo to one amp, and get another remote turn on wire, and use the wire on the same terminal of the first amp to the second so both amps can turn on. hope i aint confusing you. BUT DO NOT RUN 2 DIFFERENT PAIR OF SUBS. SELL THEM ALL AND GET 2 BETTER SUBS DUDE.

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

no need a splitter, just 2 sets of rca. the first set will be ran from your stereo to any of the amps. now, with the amp that is connected to the stereo, get the seceond set and hook it up to the ouput of the amp that is connected to the stereo and use the other side of the second set of rca to the input of the second amp. and on the remote turn on wire, from the stereo to one amp, and get another remote turn on wire, and use the wire on the same terminal of the first amp to the second so both amps can turn on. hope i aint confusing you. BUT DO NOT RUN 2 DIFFERENT PAIR OF SUBS. SELL THEM ALL AND GET 2 BETTER SUBS DUDE.

ps -i dont want to sell them and get two better subs, i have other plans in the future for this setup, its just that i have these in boxes and ready and was just wanting to go ahead and run all four since i have them

rwhops.jpg