winsheild tint

Arnold55

winshield is the best piece of tint to have.I mmean you only look out of it 80+% of the time why not protect your eyes! Most states have it set up where you can get a medical waver(skin or eye sensitivity)which the eye doctor is the best way to go this allows you to legally tint the windshield and somtimes the side windows darker but veries state to state.If your driving alot of back roads(no street lights) or have a vehicle with crappy stock lighting i recommend getting at least 35watt hids with a maximum darkness of 50% on the windshield in most city or newer car applaciations with better stock lighting or with 55watt hids i recomend 35% at a maximum on the windshield.as for the type of film something that is metalized will help even more with heat and glare but some can interfear with some signals like navi. and XM sat.for personal reasons i dont go darker than 15% on the front two doors of my personal vehicles and dissagree with any thing that is darker but have done it for some close friends.I may not know everthing but i have been doing this for 13+ yrs.and i will help answer any question on tinting that you may have.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have double limo all around my hoe and on my windshield i have a layer of the lightest shade of tint with a strip of limo up on top. Ive got pulled over by the lapd several times and they have looked at it but never noticed.

That's how my Roush was... Funny thing was once I got tint put on my license I never got pulled over for tint again, ever... I do make a habit of cracking my windows when a cop is around just so he can see me. Maybe that was the trick.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

• 4 weeks later...

wanting to get my windows tinted, i would like to do 5% all the way around and maybe 35% on the windshield. i have never driven with the windshield done, is it hard to see at night? does anyone have before and after pictures maybe? let me know if you have any suggestions

Okay, heres the deal. Dont want to take a chance, then don't get your windshield, and keep the sides above 20%. Wanna risk a little, do the sides in 5% (I've always done mine 5% and never had any trouble) but don't touch the windshield. Like i said, I've never had any trouble with mine...just according to what town you live in, and how much of an ass the cops are. But if you do get stopped, don't get an attitude and be nice. If you must do the windshield, which I'm thinking about doing mine, do this. Keep it above 50%. And to really throw it off, get a vinyl strip, or a 5% strip across the top. These strips are legal, as long as they arent too big, and it throws a lot of cops off so much that they never notice the window itself is tinted.

mivtCK.png

I mean if you got the money for fix it tickets then go for it, if you are going to do it and u end up getting pulled over and come on here make a thread crying how u got a ticket then DONT get it simple as that..

imho my truck is all tinted even a 5% strip on the windshield,i have gotten a ticket for the front tint but i paid it and got them re-tinted, so to some it all up in to one big word for u

YOUARETHEONETHATSGOINGTOBETHEONETHATISRISKINGATICKETEVENTHOITLOOKSGOOD!

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

I would just do 5% all the way around and a 5% eye brow on the front windsheild. then your car will be pretty dark inside.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

I would just do 5% all the way around and a 5% eye brow on the front windsheild. then your car will be pretty dark inside.

That's what i did but only problem that, I couldn't see to clearly at night because very it freakin' dark. I had pull my window down..eh

Archived