Sundown Audio

I've become unhappy with my current set up (4) cvr 15s (2) hifonics 1606's box is sealed. Kind of wanting to get away from the wall its my daily driver. So I have about 9 cubes to play with was thinking 4 sa 12s on my hifonics amp poss upgrading them to the 2610s down the rd or 3 sa 15s keepings the 1606s and adding 1 to have one on each sub. I would really like to do a ported box subs forwards port up. Any suggestions?

The 3 15s have more cone area, so id use them. I wouldn't run over 3.5k daily to them. The 3 1606s will be good, but ill recommend a SAZ-2500D or 3500D. Sundowns are WAY more efficient and put out more power at lower voltages (don't lose ~18% per volt)

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

ya id love to have amps like that but seeing that i can buy 3 hifonics 1600s for same price as the 1500 or 2000 its all i can do for now (maybe one day).. my voltage is very up to par currently have a 220 amp mechman a 3400 under the hood at the moment a 3100 in the back going to add another 3100 after first of the year my voltage doesnt get below 13.4-14.4 beating on it sits at 14.9-15.1 at idle. So your saying the 3 15s on 3 1606s will out perform the 4 12s on 2 2600s? I only have 9 cubes to play with port and sub displacement have to be figured into that as well.

ya id love to have amps like that but seeing that i can buy 3 hifonics 1600s for same price as the 1500 or 2000 its all i can do for now (maybe one day).. my voltage is very up to par currently have a 220 amp mechman a 3400 under the hood at the moment a 3100 in the back going to add another 3100 after first of the year my voltage doesnt get below 13.4-14.4 beating on it sits at 14.9-15.1 at idle. So your saying the 3 15s on 3 1606s will out perform the 4 12s on 2 2600s? I only have 9 cubes to play with port and sub displacement have to be figured into that as well.

Yes, I believe the 15s will out perform the 12s. Play around with Torres box calculator. If you can't fit the 15s, go with the 12s. The 4 12s don't require as much airspace

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

what car is this in that you only have 9 cubes for a wall?

hell we had over 20 cubes for my wall in my integra LOL.. did you seal it all the way off as well?

maybe run some better 15s/more power instead of changing the complete setup

I would seriously seal it off completely if you havent

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

its in the cab of my nissan i have 10 cube box now with the 4 15s i dont have the room to port it with that size box unless i did the 3 15s which it would have to be all rebuilt any way the box im wanting to run is not walled off i would do subs forward port up an would be about 8.75 cubes before port or displacements. it is completely sealed off.

have you thought about switching out the CVRs? I never really liked those to be honest and i thought they were some of the lower stuff from kicker

maybe try 2 2606s and some better subs to see if you like it?

I dunno man, ive ran DC XL 15s in 2 cubes per sub sealed and they sounded awesome

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

The amps are ok, you can do worse for the money, but truly, they are not something awesome. Have you looked into pioneer championships? A very dependable sub, cheap, and you can fit 8 in the space easy.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I would do the 3 15s, but i wouldnt do a 1600 watt per sub, they are rated for 600 watts you know?? Just cuz they a beastly little subs doesnt mean you shouldnt be smart with power. I would step up to the Z's