Mechman Alternators

iight well looking to upgrade power to either a sundown 3500 or a powerbass 4k which ever i can get the better deal on. ive been reading about alts and i think i have somewhat of a small understanding of how it works. my questions is are there large case alternators available for a 2001 ford escape 3.0L 4x4 V6 because i have been reading that they are more for lack of better terms efficient. they have better power a lower rpm or are there other options for this truck if so what sizes and prices do you have for this application thanks in advance

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

iight well looking to upgrade power to either a sundown 3500 or a powerbass 4k which ever i can get the better deal on. ive been reading about alts and i think i have somewhat of a small understanding of how it works. my questions is are there large case alternators available for a 2001 ford escape 3.0L 4x4 V6 because i have been reading that they are more for lack of better terms efficient. they have better power a lower rpm or are there other options for this truck if so what sizes and prices do you have for this application thanks in advance

Bump? anybody

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

Yes, we have a bolt in large case conversion kit for on sale for $449. It will have excellent output at idle, 270 amps while cruising, and will power 4KWRMS nicely. Just throw an XS power battery in the trunk in addition to the starting battery, and you will be in good shape.

How muh is a standard case alt.

We have a 220 amp standard housing alternator for $299. It comes with the same solid copper custom rectifier and oversize terminals that the 270 amp unit comes with, so it is very durable.

What does it do at idle

What does it do at idle

He quoted me for a 2003 Mazda Tribute (essentially the same car). I also have a 3L V6 engine, just like you. He told me 165a at idle for a 270 amp alt. I'll see if I can dig up the thread

Edit: here ya go stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/87759-2003-mazda-tribute/page__p__1201787__fromsearch__1entry1201787

Edited by hdorre
On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Thanks man....165 sounds good if that's the case

Can u make a mobile link please sir

Thanks man....165 sounds good if that's the case

That's for the 270 amp alt though. I'd assume 125-135a for the 220a alt

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread