Sonic Electronix

2001 Dodge 1500 Single Cab Shortbed.

I am trying to get an idea of what I should do. I definitely want some subs behind me, and would prefer 12's for when we are out of the truck we can still here the base. Most of the boxes I have seen for 12's are to big to fit in the area and have maybe 1.2' from the back of the cab to where my seats at now. Is there anyway possible I could get some "short travel" 12's or would I have to get 10's?

Thanks.

2001 Dodge 1500 Single Cab Shortbed.

I am trying to get an idea of what I should do. I definitely want some subs behind me, and would prefer 12's for when we are out of the truck we can still here the base. Most of the boxes I have seen for 12's are to big to fit in the area and have maybe 1.2' from the back of the cab to where my seats at now. Is there anyway possible I could get some "short travel" 12's or would I have to get 10's?

Thanks.

you could get shallow mount subs, but they arent very good in comparison to their regular counterparts and they cost more. id see about trying to fit a ported box with a sundown sa-8 back there. Or you could always do a blow through

You could always put multiple shallow mounts back there..

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

15" Between the seats FTW!

1997 Chevy Cheyenne Single Cab

Pioneer DEH-3200UB

Two sets of Orion 6.5" Components In Each Door

AudioQue HDC3 15"

^^^ Its all For Sale!!!!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/99546-lots-to-sale-good-prices/ ^^^ AQ2200D

Wow, such a flexy beast(see what i did there lol)

i have a dodge ram 1500 from 2005... standard cab. shortbed. if the space is similar, you can def fit some full size subs back there. just have to be a bit creative. I have simple wedged box designs on my computer that will allow JL 10w3v3 subs to fit. im sure many other things will work too. currently i have two 12" pioneer premier shallow mount subs back there... but since most shallow subs still require alot of volume just find a way to fit a full size. dont settle for shallow mounts unless you have to.

won't more wattage make up for the shallow mounts lack of correct box space?

i think you have to consider the resonant frequncy of box. even though the subs will make the same excursion you are still playing into a differnet sized box. I own two of the same subs and i have them in two differnt enclosures. I can definatley tell a difference in their sound no matter the wattage i throw at them.. and ive also done individual tests so they wer not recieving the same power at the same time to prove that it was independent of wattage.