How do i wire to a 1ohm load?

But im using 2 terminals?

Idk if you can get 1 ohm but you can get 0.5 ohm.

You can call me an idiot, but i read those can run on .5 right?

It may void the warranty then?

You would need this then per subwoofer:

1_1ohm_dvc_05ohm.gif

hes using 2 dual 1 ohm subwoofers....

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

But im using 2 terminals?

Idk if you can get 1 ohm but you can get 0.5 ohm.

You can call me an idiot, but i read those can run on .5 right?

It may void the warranty then?

You would need this then per subwoofer:

1_1ohm_dvc_05ohm.gif

hes using 2 dual 1 ohm subwoofers....

Sorry, then i just totaly lost my self too, lol.

I meant put one subwoofer down to .5 and the other one to .5 then wire it that way on the amp.

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*

*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*

that would give him a .25 ohm load wouldnt it?

he needs to do each sub wired like this

1_1ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif

if he wires each one like that, he will get a 1 ohm load AT the amp...

if he wires them in the box together and uses 1 set of terminals he will wire it like this

2_1ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

Team DC Audio

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

I meant put one subwoofer down to .5 and the other one to .5 then wire it that way on the amp.

why do you want him to run his amp at .25 ohms? theres so much misinformation in this thread.

to the OP, just wire it like i showed. it doesnt matter if you use 1 set of terminals or both sets on the amp. im wired to 1 ohm and im only using 2 out of the 4 terminals. pick a + and pick a - and there you go.

edit: to the OP also, just listen to me, Derrick, and hdorre. we all pretty much said the same thing and you cant go wrong with any of our answers. we know what we are talking about when it comes to this stuff

why do you want him to run his amp at .25 ohms? theres so much misinformation in this thread.

to the OP, just wire it like i showed. it doesnt matter if you use 1 set of terminals or both sets on the amp. im wired to 1 ohm and im only using 2 out of the 4 terminals. pick a + and pick a - and there you go.

we think alike... :)

Team DC Audio

theres so much misinformation in this thread except me, Derrick and Hdorre

to the OP, just wire it like i OR HDORRE showed. it doesnt matter if you use 1 set of terminals or both sets on the amp. im wired to 1 ohm and im only using 2 out of the 4 terminals. pick a + and pick a - and there you go.

Fixed :)

1_1ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif

Each subwoofer gets its each own set of terminals this way.

i need a 1 ohm load?

Sundown Audio FAQs

Question: Why are there two pairs of connections on the mono-block Class-D amps? How do I bridge them?

Answer: You do not bridge them, it is a mono-block amplifier. The connectors are in parallel inside the amp. If you hook 4 ohms to each one, you get two ohms. If you hook 2 ohms to each one, you get one ohm. They are also there for strapping the amps, as pictured above.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

edit: to the OP also, just listen to me, Derrick, and hdorre. we all pretty much said the same thing and you cant go wrong with any of our answers. we know what we are talking about when it comes to this stuff

Sorry, I just got totaly lost, and thought if he did one .5 to the left, and one .5 to the right, it would stay at .5, but since it's mono it would lower it down to .25? Didn't realize that. Im new to this kinda stuff too, so if i ever needed info, I'd just bug the shit out of my dad, cause he use to do this shit for like ever. Sorry for the newbieness though.

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*

*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*

1_1ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif

Each subwoofer gets its each own set of terminals this way.

Ok so this will give me a 1 ohm load then right since im using 2 woofers. Which positive and negative do i use for each woofer. The ones side by side in my image or the first positive and 2nd negative if your looking from left to right?

2011 Subaru WRX

Rockford Fosgate T1000-4AD

(2) Sets of Rockford Fosgate T3 6.5 Components

rf2c.png

In the works:

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1bdcp

(2)DC Audio 12" XLM2

Archived