anyone ever done it ? i currently drive a L99 "v8 4.3L" auto and wanna put a 6 speed manual in it. OVERALL how hard is it ? i don't wanna do it all myself but i have some mechanic friends that might be able to do it. "the reason i asked is because i don't want to THEM to tackle it if i know they cannot do it"

and also which transmission do i need ? i know i'll need a csb bell housing for it but other than that can i use any 6 speed transmission ? like from a lt1 camero or vette ?

anyway.. this is a big dream of mine and just wanna do if i'm wasting my time trying to do it myself and save some $$$ or should i just take it to a pro.

Beyond the pain trying to get it to fit and bolt up you're gonna have to figure out how to make your computer compatible with it. I'm not sure how but with basic logic and ohms law im sure you can come up with some cheater signals to throw into the sensor circuits so the computer thinks everythings ok.

Im sure it can be done but its going to cost some nice amount of $$$

Btw taht is a clean ass Impala

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

I used to have a 94ss couple years ago bfore somebody totalled it. U need t56 from lt1 camaro, shifter, clutch pedals. Ur driveshaft might need to b modified but a local driveshaft shop can do it. Somebody makes the custom crossmember. For it to fit. It will bolt up to engine without any mods, the bolt pattern is the same. U can retune your computer for manual trans too. U will have to mod the center console and make a hole for shifter to come through in floor. I think that's bout it, its not a really hard swap to do. Usually best to find a totalled f body to get most parts from. Keep in mind t56 clutch kit is more expensive than normal ones. 1st gear is pretty low, so it will take off pretty good and u will have double overdrive for good gas mileage while cruising

99 GMC Suburban

2 Death Penalty 21"

2 Crescendo BC2000

Boston GT-42 Amp

6 Selenium 6w4p

4 Crescendo tweets

Hi output cs144 alt

Audiocontrol Epic-160

Pioneer DVD head unit

Beyond the pain trying to get it to fit and bolt up you're gonna have to figure out how to make your computer compatible with it. I'm not sure how but with basic logic and ohms law im sure you can come up with some cheater signals to throw into the sensor circuits so the computer thinks everythings ok.

...Or just get a hold of a Tech II and set all the transmission parameters to '0'...they'll still be there but won't trip a MIL.

Too many projects, too little time...

Its something i've wanted for awile.. plus that caprice/impala in the video isn't mine.. its just something i want to build it to. I was asking around and they were saying that any t56 trans will work but the bell housing will be different "which i can buy separate". Idk.. probably won't touch it until the actual trans goes out. :D

Not hatin' buy why not just get one that already manual. It will save you tons of times, headache, money, and problems. I have seen peoples trying to convert to auto to manual all the times.